Opinions on design?

Frawmusl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm sitting at about 1,400 tris with this design, And want to get your opinion. The bottom is  sort of corset (Might pinch it slightly to give it that corset feel) but I wanted to ask. Would the Strings/clips on the corset be worth doing? I know SL is all about detail, but doing it via normal/texture -could- look better than the default system clothing yet people want the models in SL to be extremely detailed. So should I go ahead and create the strings/clips? What is your opinion on this?

Corset.JPG''

Corset_2.JPG

I could make it just a tight leather without clips/strings. A bit more of an leather tight fitting piece, as to match the blouse a bit under it.. So thats always an alternative. I sort of like the idea of that :P

I would put the detail in the model.  Not many people run their viewers at ultra high all the time and materials aren't widely seen yet for one.  Secondly if you are selling them full perm then some potential buyers man not have a clue how to do material textures.  Of course you could offer two versions.  One plain and one with the corset details.  A plain one could be textured differently than the corset look and so you might sell more.

Thanks for your reply! I decided to go ahead and not model the texture and sort of make it a leather adventurer's looking thingy ma bob :P 
I typically don't sell things full perm because to sell full perm I would have to alter my UV map so that users know how to use it, Or give them the blend file set up to be textured. Which, unknowing how I go about texturing my unwraps..can lead to disaster ;P

Just a realism-thought:

You might want to open the vest at the back or frontside, or add an indent  or elevated area, and think about a 'closing mechanism' . And add some laces, a strap, or lil buckles etc.

Whilst a zipper is still possible to be just painted onto the texture (eventho i'd suggest at least 1 faceloop being a bit elevated from the surrounding area for that) it will be hard to simulate the full feel of laces and their intrusion into the material / slopes/ knots etc.

And even if you just paint on buttons, or add mesh buttons it should have a lil indent in the vest at least, or even an opening, to indicate the divided area. you can paint that but it's hard to give the feel of such a separation just by texture.

If it is supposed to be any kind of more stiff material (like leather / linnen etc) then it would be impossible to get in / out of this vest without a propper opening/closing mechanism : )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.