HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE...would like your opinion!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceka Cianci wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i'm more than interested enough to check out the theory..but not by watching that mans video..

as i said..he lost my trust pretty fast..i've learned that if i can't trust them right away or feel leery that i need to look elsewhere for the information..

Have a look
. I hope you find it interesting as a start, although it is very dry matter, but it is without reference to Stephen Davis or other proponents of spirituality.

oh i'll be into it..this is the stuff i love.. thank you for the link =)

you wanna see some real cool stuff check out fractals in nature..that eats up the clock for me when i'm in the mountains riding.. hehehehe

This'll keep ya busy for awhile, Ceka...

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i'm more than interested enough to check out the theory..but not by watching that mans video..

as i said..he lost my trust pretty fast..i've learned that if i can't trust them right away or feel leery that i need to look elsewhere for the information..

Have a look
. I hope you find it interesting as a start, although it is very dry matter, but it is without reference to Stephen Davis or other proponents of spirituality.

you wanna see some real cool stuff check out fractals in nature..that eats up the clock for me when i'm in the mountains riding.. hehehehe

i wasn't meaning this exact theory..just these kinds of theories in these areas..

because they get my mind going on all cylinders..

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

William,....you really should think about getting a hobby.  Or, is this it...?! 

As I walk through the kitchen I almost trip over my avatar, who is sitting on the no-wax floor and staring intently into an open cabinet.

"You know? That pot and that kettle are TOTALLY the same color."

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Have a look

i wasn't meaning this exact theory..just these kinds of theories in these areas..

Since I know you love finding Fractals in Nature, I was suggesting that while you are out riding in the mountains you might pick up flowers and pinecones and look for the Fibonacci sequence. I think this was the first of Nature's math tricks that I learned about when I was a kid. I'm also always on the lookout for spiral patterns, which often curl along the Fibonacci sequence as the woman shows in the video.

I also like watching the wave action on my beach on calm days. It can be roughly analogous to light. I'll stand on the bluff there I can get a larger view, and watch the big waves roll towards the beach, some of them "scattering" off the few remaining bits of concrete pier in the water. The relative size of the scattered waves depends on the relationship of the frequency of the water waves and the size of the pier section. If the waves are relatively long, there's not much visible reflection. If they're short, moreso.

Then I'll walk down to the beach and watch the tiny wavelets that were not visible from the bluff as they impinge on smaller rocks or vertical sticks at the surface. I'll see the same thing. The shorter the wavelength is, the bigger the reflection. The larger waves don't "see" the little rocks. It's much like this for light, which scatters more when hitting objects that approach its wavelength. This is why, when you point a red laser pointer out into your yard at night, you don't see much of the beam. The air and water molecules are too small with respect to the wavelength of red light to do much scattering. But if you point a green laser in the same conditions, you'll see a fantastic beam of light. Green is a shorter wavelength, and scattering goes as the fourth power of the ratio of the wavelength to the size of the scattering object, so a small change in that ratio makes a big change in scattering.

So, add the Fibonacci Sequence and Rayleigh Scattering to your little bag of understanding. And at sunset, particularly if you are in the mountains and have a clear view to the east, look for the Earth's Shadow, you may even see the outline of your mountain range low in the eastern sky.

For me, nothing eats up the clock like finding things out.

;-)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Have a look

Since I know you love finding Fractals in Nature, I was suggesting that while you are out riding in the mountains you might pick up flowers and pinecones and look for the Fibonacci sequence. I think this was the first of Nature's math tricks that I learned about when I was a kid. I'm also always on the lookout for spiral patterns, which often curl along the Fibonacci sequence as the woman shows in the video.

I also like watching the wave action on my beach on calm days. It can be roughly analogous to light. I'll stand on the bluff there I can get a larger view, and watch the big waves roll towards the beach, some of them "scattering" off the few remaining bits of concrete pier in the water. The relative size of the scattered waves depends on the relationship of the frequency of the water waves and the size of the pier section. If the waves are relatively long, there's not much visible reflection. If they're short, moreso.

Then I'll walk down to the beach and watch the tiny wavelets that were not visible from the bluff as they impinge on smaller rocks or vertical sticks at the surface. I'll see the same thing. The shorter the wavelength is, the bigger the reflection. The larger waves don't "see" the little rocks. It's much like this for light, which scatters more when hitting objects that approach its wavelength. This is why, when you point a red laser pointer out into your yard at night, you don't see much of the beam. The air and water molecules are too small with respect to the wavelength of red light to do much scattering. But if you point a green laser in the same conditions, you'll see a fantastic beam of light. Green is a shorter wavelength, and scattering goes as the fourth power of the ratio of the wavelength to the size of the scattering object, so a small change in that ratio makes a big change in scattering.

So, add the
and
to your little bag of understanding. And at sunset, particularly if you are in the mountains and have a clear view to the east, look for the
, you may even see the outline of your mountain range low in the eastern sky.

For me, nothing eats up the clock like finding things out.

;-)

will make sure to notice those the next time i am up there..

if it's not raining this weekend i'll be going..

but we've had so much rain this season..

the snakes get a little more active..

i was on a ledge on the the back side of one mountain a couple of weeks back when it was really wet.. and my horse raised up and did a 180 and almost threw me off..

i'm really suprised we both didn't go over...so i'm hoping it will dry up a bit more for this weekend..

we're getting rain all day today..but hopes for clear skies the rest of the week..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i was on a ledge on the the back side of one mountain a couple of weeks back when it was really wet.. and my horse raised up and did a 180 and almost threw me off..

It's been a wet spring/summer and my culvert has numerous snake holes in it. I never see them, just that evidence. I want to set up a camera to do a time-lapse movie of one of the holes so I can catch the li'l rascals.

I don't have a horse, nor mountains, so I don't have to worry about freak snake accidents... much.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

It's been a wet spring/summer and my culvert has numerous snake holes in it. I never see them, just that evidence. I want to set up a camera to do a time-lapse movie of one of the holes so I can catch the li'l rascals.

I don't have a horse, nor mountains, so I don't have to worry about freak snake accidents... much.

it's that and the mud really..it's like grease on the road  lol

i would love to get me a time lapse camera..i would be wearing that thing out on all kinds of things hehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i would love to get me a time lapse camera..i would be wearing that thing out on all kinds of things hehehe

Many Canon point and shoots can be turned into time-lapse cameras by installing CHDK firmware via the memory card. That's how I plan to do mine. Some point and shoot cameras have an "intervalometer" mode. If you have a Canon or Nikon DSLR with a remote shutter release, you can also search Amazon for an "intervalometer" to plug into the camera's remote control jack. Then you'll need some software to gather the batch of still photos into a video. I haven't looked into that yet.

You can also do them with an iPad using iStopMotion, which I have. Mounting the iPad is the trick.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

William,....you really should think about getting a hobby.  Or, is this it...?! 

As I walk through the kitchen I almost trip over my avatar, who is sitting on the no-wax floor and staring intently into an open cabinet.

"You know? That pot and that kettle are TOTALLY the same color."

Well, I suggest that you actually touch the pot and kettle, and see that they have different shapes.  Also, their weight, composition, (metal alloys) capacity, and use.   As color is a limited way to judge the difference between objects, unless one is only interested in the superficial aspects.   Also, works for stopping that tripping problem.

So if you'd consider which kitchen equipment took cheap potshots in this thread at others without really, perhaps intellectually, explaining themselves :  who'd really be considered a kettle generally in this analogy ? You or me ? And why exactly ?  :robotindifferent:

TDD123 wrote:

So if you'd consider which kitchen equipment took cheap
potshots
in this thread at others without really, perhaps intellectually, explaining themselves :  who'd really be considered a kettle generally in this analogy ? You or me ? And why exactly ?  :robotindifferent:

Potshots! LOL

TDD123 wrote:

So if you'd consider which kitchen equipment took cheap potshots in this thread at others without really, perhaps intellectually, explaining themselves :  who'd really be considered a kettle generally in this analogy ? You or me ? And why exactly ?  :robotindifferent:

Calling out wholesale nonsense, fakery, and BS masquerading as "science" is not taking potshots, cheap or otherwise.  It's a necessary public service, as the Internet as become a prolific purveyor of all manner of ignorance, the type which sinks humanity back into the morass of primitive people's thinking.  Con artists and tricksters prey upon those who are susceptible, and it's a civic duty for those who do understand, to try a alert those who do not.

The fact that you're still unable to discern the difference, tells me, that you're actually one of those who needs the message.

Calling out wholesale nonsense, fakery, and BS masquerading as "science" is not taking potshots, cheap or otherwise.

If you consider yourself that much of a scientific intellectual exposing lies, I'm quite sure you could have done much better than any attempt you made so far. There are others here who have the same stance you have ( and actually we don't disagree about Davis that much either ) and actually expressed that instead of merely judging about intellectual capability.

It's a necessary public service, as the Internet as become a prolific purveyor of all manner of ignorance, the type which sinks humanity back into the morass of primitive people's thinking.  Con artists and tricksters prey upon those who are susceptible, and it's a civic duty for those who
do
understand, to try a alert those who do not.

I presume you refer to Davis' and the contained message therein. As I have stated previously in this thread : I distantiate from that and yet will not attack the OP solely for trying to poison minds. She is asking opinions, even the contrary ones, and the thread's main title is far more general, and to me actually scientific,  than the message Davis offers. I was actually far more intrested in a discussion about that.

"We" are not flock you need to herd.

The fact that you're still unable to discern the difference, tells me, that you're actually one of those who needs the message.

I already stated several times  I do not combine the video's with the title of the thread. I still await a sensible intellectual argument from you what it exactly is you have against these videos and perhaps even towards the holographic universe in the sense of theoretical physics at all.

Watched several sections of this presentation it seems to, and is only my opinion, that he has spent many hours watching the science channel then created a long and convoluted explanation for the H2 channel to be featured with UFO hunters and Ancient Aliens programming at least that's the impression I received from scanning the material. He did lose me close to the opening explaining that German scientists have discovered proof that again the earth is the center of the Universe and all we observe is a holographic projection not quite in those words just the fact that everything we see is a holo.To me  watching six hours of this would be mind numbing.

If you desire to read something that will expand your universe I might suggest a rather complex book written in the 1970's by I. S. Shklovskii ,and  Carl Sagan Intelligent life in the Universe if you manage to comprehend all they speak of then perhaps this presentation will attain it's rightful place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.