How to Fix Edit window crashing

woodzykiler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an issue,  with crashing. I have updated my Video Dirvers, removed all traces of SL from my Computer even the left over Registry files. Rebooted my pc. nothing is fixing this crash. When i go to edit something ill crash, also i cant open boxes ill crash >.>
I have tryed 4 diffrent viewers, this all started when SL did the server side update. i knwo im not the only one with the issue.

if i use a viewer that Doesnt support serverside rendering, i wont crash. any advice woudl be great :D

4 answers to this question

Well, you can stick to regions that don't have Server Side Baking enabled yet.  So far, it's only on the LeTigre and Magnum server channels, I think.  But that won't save you for long, SSB is being rolled out to more servers each week.

It would be helpful (though not to you, immediately) if you could collect details on the crashes you're seeing and file Bug Reports on them.

Sorry...perhaps someone else will have a more productive suggestion!

If you are up to it, try this Release Channel version of the SL Viewer. It has received 4 Maintenance Patch Updates and was just released for RC testing on July 24th.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.6.2.278900

I've been building and texturing all afternoon using this version.

I recommend a clean install of course.

1) Instructions http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life...

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8
1.Using File Explorer -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
2.Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
3.From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
4.Select the View Tab
5.Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
6.Push the Apply Button then the OK button.
7.Open C:\Users\\AppData\Local and delete the contents of your Temp folder and the SecondLife folder.
8.Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
9.Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

2) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild.

Here's a possibility.  At least it fits your symptoms........

Crashing While Editing or Wearing Mesh

This is a known issue with ATI Catalyst versions 12.2 through 12.4. If you have one of these versions, then you will need to roll back to 12.01. See below for how to get that version.

Temporary work-arounds:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.