All avatars gray (exept prims or mesh) just at specific lands.

Zoya Neaph

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! 

Anyone know's the reason of when I go to some lands, other avatars make gray? (except attachments, as prims and meshes).

I noticed that the island is concerned. When I go out there, the person load to me in few moments, but when I back there, it turns gray again.

I use the version of Firestorm 4.3.1.31155 and thought that was the cause, but I ask peoples who use the same version, they said don't have this problem.

Observations:

- I've tried clean reinstalling, clear cache, but the error continues.

- As I try to wear something like alphas, tattoos layers, clothing (no rigged mesh) a message appears: Unable to upload asset.

Someone can help me?
Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Your viewer is the cause. The new server side baking causes avatar skins to appear grey on sims where it has been implemented unless you are using one of the latest viewers. The message 'Unable to upload asset' is also symptomatic of this.

Refer http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/It-s-Time-to-Update-Your-Viewer/ba-p/2067673

I think Firestorm 4.4.2 is the latest Firestorm viewer.

• Like 2

Server Side Appearance, long-awaited in Second Life, has finally arrived. It is a major upgrade to the viewer and server codes that control how our avatars are rendered. One immediate benefit is that we will no longer see the cloudy condition known as "bake fail" that has plagued SL residents since Day One. We should also see much faster avatar rezzing overall and less blurriness. So far, SSA has been enabled only on sims running the Magnum RC server code.  If you are on one of those sims, you will see the effects already. Very soon, all other sims will get the SSA server upgrade too. Because this is a fundamental change in the way we rez in SL, you must have a current version of the Linden Lab V3 viewer or a compatible Third Party Viewer (like Firestorm 4.4.2 or later) to see the effects. More than that, if you do NOT have a current viewer, all avatars will appear pasty and gray to you, so it is very important to upgrade now. For more information, watch this short Torley video >>>

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.