It's time we stand up against LL and tell them they need to make SL far for everyone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL are thief's all they want is your money and they don't care if they don't run a far system if you're not in the USA you have to pay more for a full sim in the USA it's $295 in the UK it's $354 how is that far how can we all enjoy SL if they change different prices if someone out said the USA want's to run a estate they can't as there out priced this needs to be changed we all need to stand up to them and make them make SL far for everyone.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GoldxRazer wrote:

LL are thief's all they want is your money and they don't care if they don't run a far system if you're not in the USA you have to pay more for a full sim in the USA it's $295 in the UK it's $354 how is that far how can we all enjoy SL if they change different prices if someone out said the USA want's to run a estate they can't as there out priced this needs to be changed we all need to stand up to them and make them make SL far for everyone.

Isn't UK VAT 20%? That would account for the difference in price you noted.

$295 *1.2 = $354

In the UK we have to pay VAT, it's the law.  It's not LL's fault that Americans don't have to pay VAT.

I'm from UK, I don't see why Americans should have to pay more just because we have to pay VAT.  That would be a stupid idea.  If LL charged extra to Americans to bring their price into line with ours, that would just be more profit for LL.  Nobody would benefit except LL.  

Most things seem to be cheaper in USA than in UK but there are probably some things that cost more there.  Does that mean we should pay more for them just because Americans do?

GoldxRazer wrote:

You must be one of there's weak people that can't stand up there them self's and want stand up for what's right.

Maybe the "right thing" would be for your Parliament to stop taxing you up the ying yang.

May we suggest you take your protest there?

We dealt with the problem back in 1776.

What's taking you so long?

Yup, you are one of the few European landowners left in SL. Most withdrew their money back in 2007 when LL added 20-25% to their costs. Essentially, LL sacrificed its growing European market to maintain short-term profits. In the long run, of course, it has cost LL dearly, but VAT was only one of a handful of strategic errors that undermined Second Life.

Bottom line: if you live outside the US, don't own land or pay for a Premium Membership. SL is heavily biased in favor of US residents. The only reason I remain a paying contributor to the SL economy is because I hope another company will buy Second Life and achieve its true potential. I must admit, though, my patience is running thin.

It is possible to reclaim the VAT on SL fees if you can make a case that it contributes to the marketing effort of a business, or if your business is focused on services provided to virtual worlds.

And before Phil turns up to say "piffle", I have succeeded in doing so.

Mind you, you're not likely to get it back if selling cheap virtual furniture IS your business.

Although I'd back myself to convince the HMCE even then.

GoldxRazer wrote:

hops on my Bed, Bath & Beyond Soapbox...

I live in California and I don't want Linden Research to be farther away. :P

hops off my Bed, Bath & Beyond Soapbox...

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

GoldxRazer wrote:

LL are thief's all they want is your money and they don't care if they don't run a far system if you're not in the USA you have to pay more for a full sim in the USA it's $295 in the UK it's $354 how is that far how can we all enjoy SL if they change different prices if someone out said the USA wants to run a estate they can't as there out priced this needs to be changed we all need to stand up to them and make them make SL far for everyone.

Isn't UK VAT 20%? That would account for the difference in price you noted.

$295 *1.2 = $354

READ UP - This for everyone who made it this far in this discussion that is completely ignorant about the VAT tax that is imposed by the EU. This was posted as the 1st Reply to the Thread Statement Premise. Sigh....

I'm going back to knitting...

Burper Tilling wrote:

In the UK we have to pay VAT, it's the law.  It's not LL's fault that Americans don't have to pay VAT.

I'm from UK, I don't see why Americans should have to pay more just because we have to pay VAT.  That would be a stupid idea.  If LL charged extra to Americans to bring their price into line with ours, that would just be more profit for LL.  Nobody would benefit except LL.  

Most things seem to be cheaper in USA than in UK but there are probably some things that cost more there.  Does that mean we should pay more for them just because Americans do?

THANK YOU!  It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't blame the US for everything LL does or doesn't do.  Well done. :)

Perrie Juran wrote:

GoldxRazer wrote:

You must be one of there's weak people that can't stand up there them self's and want stand up for what's right.

Maybe the "right thing" would be for your Parliament to stop taxing you up the ying yang.

May we suggest you take your protest there?

We dealt with the problem back in 1776.

What's taking you so long?

I soooooo want to post my "War of 1814" song video...just concerned it would be RIC'd.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

LOL your government rapes you for vat and you expect the Americans to foot the bill. ROFLMAO :matte-motes-nerdy:

I laughed so hard I almost lost my drink.

@ OP The BIG BAD Americans LOL, don't deal with an American company then. Easy. Do people really understand what they type? There really is no words for how ignorant this is.

Malanya wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

LOL your government rapes you for vat and you expect the Americans to foot the bill. ROFLMAO :matte-motes-nerdy:

@ OP The BIG BAD Americans LOL, don't deal with an American company then. Easy. Do people really understand what they type? There really is no words for how ignorant this is.

Considering the OP states he/she is from England, I'm assuming that English is his/her first language...although I could be going out on a limb there.  I'm wondering if he speaks some dialect like Cockney that doesn't sound at all like English, to my ear at least, because I had to push some words together and take some literary license with the spelling to understand the OP.  :matte-motes-wink:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Considering the OP states he/she is from England, I'm assuming that English is his/her first language...although I could be going out on a limb there.  I'm wondering if he speaks some dialect like Cockney that doesn't sound at all like English, to my ear at least, because I had to push some words together and take some literary license with the spelling to understand the OP.  :matte-motes-wink:

I believe you may going out on a limb, don't ever assume, you should know that ;) I just skimmed over tbh, really didn't try to understand the post after the "unfair land prices" I don't want to pay $295 USD without other taxes for my sim so who can I complain to... anyone see a red button here?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.