Importing a shape into Blender

Ardentika

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I've read many topics and none seemed to help me. I  can't figure out how to export the shape from second life to the Blender. Phoenix is no longer available and there's no such option in the Firestorm. I've downloaded the Jass-Pub but I can't import it there too, I don't have any .xml options to import. Is there any way to import my shape or just any shape in there without the Avastar because it's quite too expensive for me, I can't afford right now. >.<

I did it with Phoenix 1.5.2.1185  and it did export my shape as an OBJ file. You can get this particular version still even now, in the old versions part of the Phoenix site. Once you get it, you need to enable the advanced or developer mode to find the export menus for the avatar.

Ardentika wrote:

Okay, so I've read many topics and none seemed to help me. I  can't figure out how to export the shape from second life to the Blender. Phoenix is no longer available and there's no such option in the Firestorm. I've downloaded the Jass-Pub but I can't import it there too, I don't have any .xml options to import. Is there any way to import my shape or just any shape in there without the Avastar because it's quite too expensive for me, I can't afford right now. >.<

Hi;

I guess you ask about how to import the SL Shape data (which is exported in XML syntax and described here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Avatar_Shape_XML_Format )

So as far as i know there is no out of the box support to import SL Avatar shape data into blender. However i know about 2 products which provide such an importer:

• Avastar creates exact representations of the SL Shape as mesh in Blender. The produced Avatar meshes in Blender are to all our knowledge exactly the same as what you find when you wear the same shape in SL.
  • SLAV (from marketplace, 3000 L$, i heard rumours about a free limited version) creates "normalized" representations of your shape. So it changes the bone length of your shape to match the default skeleton. This can be used with standard size packages. But this is NOT the same as what you see in second Life (just so that you know).

Remark on XML

Please note that XML alone does not say much about what sort of data you want to import to Blender. Note that Collada and HTML are 2 popular examples for "xml content". And there are countless more of them. So instead of asking

• "is there a way to import XML to soandso..."

You need also to specify to which actual XML "meta specification" you refer, like:

• "Can in import XML conforming the Collada specification 1.4.1 ?" which often is abreviated to:
  • "Can i import Collada 1.4.1?" (that works because Collada is a know XML meta format).

Ok, enough of nitpicking :)

What  I was trying to say is , I know how to export xml appearance, but I don't have that option to open nor in Jass neither in Blender. I can't find a plugin, and those two programs as I said are too expensive for me. I also have a problem with the Phoenix Viewer, it's giving me error and I can't start it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.