If you have Basic Membership, you're basically screwed lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

***I moved this to the tech forum. Didn't realize this was the Adult Content forum. And I can't delet it so it's stuck here. Sorry.**

******************************************************************************************

At least when it comes to needing support.  Even with premium the customer service is less than ideal. 

BTW, when she said "basic membership is not entitled to certain help." She meant any. The email I had receieved basically directed me here.

At least as a community we have each other :) It's good to know free help is tons better than the kind Linden makes you pay for any day. <3

Check this out. 

ShndrkaG S: Hello! I may be working with multiple issues already, so please explain your issue (including any ticket numbers we will be discussing) and I will be with you shortly.

Please note: Live Chat is unable to assist with abuse-related issues. Abuse reports can be submitted using the Second Life viewer's built-in tool under the Help menu.

ShndrkaG S: Hi NastasiaRogue, I'm Drika! Thank you for contacting Linden Lab Support! What can I assist you with today?
You: Hi Drika :) I just finished speaking to MacieoM about Case #: 01730783 and she said a response was sent to my email, but the only thing there are links to the community and all of the sources I have tried already with no success.
ShndrkaG S: One moment while I review your case.
You: Okay, thank you.
ShndrkaG S: Ok, I see you just upgraded to Premium. You will need to reply back to the case & let the agent know that you just upgraded your account to Premium. Also, state that you have already tried what was on the links and you still have problems. This issue is something that has to be further handled/troubleshooted via case.
ShndrkaG S: Do you have any further questions or concerns?
You: Okay, so I just reply to that email and someone will assist me? I feel like I am getting the runaround so I just want to make sure.
ShndrkaG S: You are not getting the runarounds. When you first submitted your case and the reason you received the response you did to the case, is because you had a Basic membership. Basic memberships are not entitled to certain help.
ShndrkaG S: You now have a premium membership.
You: LOL okay. I understand that. Basic members are basically SOL. Yes. I found that out. But thank you, I shall reply to the email. Have a spectacular day.
ShndrkaG S: You're Welcome & Thanks for contacting us!
The chat has been ended by the agent.

Save Chat

LiaTeeze wrote:

I understand the frustration, but they can't provide everything for free. Premium accounts are essential for any type of business or building.

they can AND SHOULD provide database related help and help for things that are game breakers (like being permanently ghosted somewhere) to there customers. Since free accounts also pay into the game by buying lindens I see no excuse for why they can't provide that sort of assistance to them .And yes I know for a fact they won't help with that since I have been basic for a while had those issues and was told OH you're basic then you're SOL thanks for trying.

Without getting into details about whether or when you became premium....your OP suggests that as a Basic (as in not paying Linden Lab one single dime for their service) you get mediocre or non-existent customer service.

Don't get me wrong: Second Life could probably not exist did it not allow free instant signups, and a great many long term residents are free accounts (free as in they don't pay LL directly: they still pay plenty for rent and shopping and other things; most of that money makes its way to LL eventually).

Getting back to your OP: what would make you think 'basic membership' was entitled to any help whatsoever? Do you belong to other online services that have help desks available for non-subscribers?

Actually you aren't screwed, you did receive an email with support documents before you were premium. Likely the issue you were having was more advanced than the basic help entails. I did contact SL at one point with a problem and they did resolve it, and I was not premium at that time.

Basically premium entitles you to a higher level of support. Instead of generic email answers, they will do further research and resolution for items that go beyond basic failures on LL's basic services. So no, free members are not screwed out of basic support, they are screwed if their issue goes beyond that.

LiaTeeze wrote:

I understand the frustration, but they can't provide everything for free. Premium accounts are essential for any type of business or building.

Unless one owns an estate or HUGE business...not really.  I had a Premium account (at one time two with an alt) and have now been Basic for about 4+ years and don't miss Premium at all.  The entire time I had a Premium account the only issue I had was rezzed items (that were set to the correct land group and locked) began disappearing from my land.  I contacted support to be told they could do nothing about that, but if the items had been in my inventory they could restore them.

Honestly, how many times has anyone had LL restore missing inventory items.  Sometimes they return via other methods (clearing cache, etc.) but not being manually restored.

On the flip side, as a Basic member, I had a LOT of my outfits poof from inventory one day and, after going through all the methods of trying to restore it, I contacted support and actually received *more* help than I did on that issue when I was Premium.  I have owned a business for 5 years and can communicate via CommerceTeam Linden and others for business issues.

Not knocking LL's customer service for free accounts or premium..  I simpy went premium to get a house, plus the perks aren't bad.  Since I breed and sometimes sell pets in SL, Meeroos and Fennux.. It helps to have a home base to store stuff.  A lot of the time, Basic or free accounts usually dont get the same tech support and customer service that paid accounts do.  It's just a sad fact.  Not saying it's fair or telling you to just shuddup and deal with it... becasue it really isn't fair and you shouldnt have to shuddup.  It's just one of those things that just generally sucks chunks and the Labbers just say 'Oh well.. dwi'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.