why is it ok to display nude skins/shapes and revealing clothing on posters in shops in mature areas

18yearoldnudistgirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

why is it ok to display nude skins/shapes and revealing clothing on posters in shops in mature areas but if you wear those items in that same area it is considered breaking Linden Lab's policy. i personally find this to be hypocritical. either only allow adult classified areas to display these items or allow residents to wear and/or try on those items without a backlash from owners, managers or moderators.

Let me give you an example: there is a freeby shop at regents park in London that displays/offers free skins, shapes and revealing clothing among other things, some of which i have "purchased". its is a moderate area and they freely display posters of these items and yet if anyone wears those items in that very same area they are likely to be banned if not at least repremanded. by-the-way in no way am i wanting to give that place a bad name or attack it im just using it as an example.

7 answers to this question

Um because a pic is a pic and you are walking around.

Added: if you saw a bra and thong on a window mannequin then walk around town wearing them and nothing else you get arrest in RL, same reason.

Added: I noticed there a bit of a theme going on in your posts. Seems you like attention.

The Knowledge Base article on Maturity Ratings http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119 is very vague for Moderate, deliberately so I surmise because of grey areas and residents are expected to use discretion and common sense. The old Wiki page was more explicit and probably gives a better idea of Linden Lab's thinking on Moderate areas. Skin vendors showing nude skins are fine but walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate. Personally, I buy skin demos and go home to try them but often see residents try them in the stores and I wouldn't consider that inappropriate in a skin store and it's highly unlikely LL would either. If they walk out nude into the general mall, yes, that's inappropriate. Photo-realistic nudity is Adult. In many instances, it's up to the land owner to decide what restrictions apply albeit within the overall Maturity Ratings Policy.

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

What about strip clubs?

Strip clubs in general are Moderate. However, they are Adult if they:

• Use adult keywords in listings and in search.
  • Have sex balls and backroom sex areas.
  • Like 3

We are just residents like you and have no mind-reading capabilities concerning LL.  Why don't you try contacting them?

In the mean time please remember that a) land owners can make any rules they want and enforce them any way they want, arbitrariliy and by whim included.  They are not required to be open, honest or consistent or to explain themselves. b) platform owners (ie; LL owning SL) can do the same but doubly so.

It doesn't make sense and some of it's unfair.  Your choices are live with it or leave.

[There is a HUGE archive of stuff in the older forums when LL were introducing their adult policy.  99% of it said it didn't make sense as written and LL's only real answer was "we aren't doing this for you, we're doing this for the millions of people who might become customers if we do" - which, of course, was just one more thing that didn't make sense.  I wouldn't recommend reading it but then I wouldn't recommend contacting LL either.]

If you get banned from a mature sim for being naked and showing private parts, thats not because of the ToS and has nothing to do with LL. Its the simowner banning you, because he/she doesn't like avatars to run around like that.

From your pretty obvious name I guess you got banned somewhere and now you are ranting about clothes and skin shops. "If I can't run around naked, nobody should be displaying half naked bodies!" :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

This is the second time you have complained in these forums when a land owner objected to your nudist lifestyle/philosophy. I suggest you srop trying to be a martyr for your cause. Join a nudist group and enjoy your lifestyle with similar minded friends, or buy your own land and make your own rules.

• Like 1

Lindal Kidd said: This is the second time you have complained in these forums when a land owner objected to your nudist lifestyle/philosophy. I suggest you stop trying to be a martyr for your cause. Join a nudist group and enjoy your lifestyle with similar minded friends, or buy your own land and make your own rules.

ThumbsUp Icon.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.