Finally! A Sub Forum For All The Survey Takers And Grammarians.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

So I jumped on today to see the posts that were accumulating in the new forum.  

Nada.

I'm almost for sure that I saw one there earlier.  So that's a clue about what's acceptable. 

Or it might have been a dream.

An additional tiny thought:  The new forum is like this one.  It can be about SL or not.

I posted in that subforum a completely valid and reasoned opinion on the current status of the attractiveness - or otherwise - of SL to educational organisations, and even made coherent and practical suggestions on how to improve SL's marketability to educators (and advertisers, but that is a different story) which would also have the side effect of enhancing the virtual experience of many participants.

But the post disappeared.

Charly Muggins wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

So I jumped on today to see the posts that were accumulating in the new forum.  

Nada.

I'm almost for sure that I saw one there earlier.  So that's a clue about what's acceptable. 

Or it might have been a dream.

An additional tiny thought:  The new forum is like this one.  It can be about SL or not.

I posted in that subforum a completely valid and reasoned opinion on the current status of the attractiveness - or otherwise - of SL to educational organisations, and even made coherent and practical suggestions on how to improve SL's marketability to educators (and advertisers, but that is a different story) which would also have the side effect of enhancing the virtual experience of many participants.

But the post disappeared.

Thank your for clearing that up.  I do feel better knowing it wasn't a dream.   I suppose the intended purpose of the new forum will be revealed in time.  Perhaps those who are allowed to post there have been assured that interlopers will be removed without a trace.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Thank your for clearing that up.  I do feel better knowing it wasn't a dream.   I suppose the intended purpose of the new forum will be revealed in time.  Perhaps those who are allowed to post there have been assured that interlopers will be removed without a trace.

The Vampire Weekend subforum - ah, the bad old days of Vialy, or whatever his name was - had the same sort of profile. It was primed with semi-literate over-enthusiastic postings by pro-fang, anti-garlic forum nonentities who had been LL Marketing vetted - if only  - and given "guidelines" on how to post and how to respond to posts, although much of this advice was either not fully understood by the ESLers, or ignored by the hyper-emotional propagandists.

Charly Muggins wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

The Vampire Weekend subforum - ah, the bad old days of Vialy, or whatever his name was - had the same sort of profile. It was primed with semi-literate over-enthusiastic postings by pro-fang, anti-garlic forum nonentities who had been LL Marketing vetted - if only  - and given "guidelines" on how to post and how to respond to posts, although much of this advice was either not fully understood by the ESLers, or ignored by the hyper-emotional propagandists.

Halloween is not too far off.

Vialy or whatever his name was did more to destroy this Forum than all of us together could have accomplished.

It is still tainted with his touch.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charly Muggins wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Vialy or whatever his name was did more to destroy this Forum than all of us together could have accomplished.

I hear he started his own company SCC and is personally in charge of the marketing and complaints department.  SCC being of course the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Sy Beck wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charly Muggins wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I hear he started his own company SCC and is personally in charge of the
 marketing and complaints department.  SCC being of course the 
Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Is SCC working on a Point of View Gun?

I'm sure LL would be a suitable test site.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.