How to deal with annoying neighbours, appropriately?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At any rate, I do not think recurring sounds on one own's land are what the TOS is against. People often have those, for atmosphere. And people have particles on their own land too or temp rez items. Long as those are legally sold in SL, how can they be against TOS to use them on one's own land?

A fireworks show lasted a few days...I'm still with 'over reaction' on this one.

Now yes if someone has a particle show that is over the top ridiculous the Lindens will look at and judge that if asked...I've seen ones that sent particles far onto neighboring parcels. I'm talking about, down the road on both ends. Truly to the level one could not ignore. That is not normal usage of a legal object sold on MP or in a SL store.

There's no rule in TOS about how long one can have fireworks out. I'm all for being a polite neighbor but not letting someone use their land normally is not that, either, any more than 50 particle spewing cannons would be.

Besides the only time Lindens takeany notice of their own TOS is when theyve made a massive booboo and need a quick way of getting out of recompensing  inconvenienced customers...as I know to my cost and a lot of sl users will find out if there's ever any major stoppage of sl....

Maelstrom Janus wrote:

Its all very well quoting TOS when one of the worst things for disrupting my SL experience is ban lines... and those are maintined by lindens.

If you don't want to see ban lines, then hide them from view. That option has been available for a very long time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.