my.secondlife.com is down

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When it doesn't time out it gives this error

"We're sorry, but something went wrong

Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to receive this message please use the options under the viewer's "Help" menu or visit Second Life Support."

the entire my.secondlife.com website has been acting funky (that's a technical term for "acting like sh**") for the past two days.

I'm sure LL is working on the problem (maybe) so try to be patient.

I am actively in & out of my.secondlife all day long, every day...although the last day or two it has been slow/borked, that message shows for me numerous times throughout the day, for months...I'm assuming it's something that they can't fix :(  You just have to retry each time and it usually goes through.

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

I am actively in & out of my.secondlife all day long, every day...although the last day or two it has been slow/borked, that message shows for me numerous times throughout the day, for months...I'm assuming it's something that they can't fix
:(
  You just have to retry each time and it usually goes through.

I suspect LL purchased the feed software from some small company and has absolutely no idea how it works, or if it works. There has never been a day where it has responded less than glacially for me, sometimes producing error messages, sometimes yielding server timeouts, sometimes doing nothing at all. LL services are perhaps the only I know that put the user inside the error correction algorithms.

Yes, Maddy...totally agree, sadly :(  I am all over the WWW, have been for years,  and this (LL) is the ONLY place where the spam can't be controlled, it doesn't hold my "keep me logged in on this computer" option, and the error EVERYTIME I access the pages :( 

Lol, every year, someone (I think Forbes) puts out an annual review of companies/customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction....I look every year, sure that LL will be in there :P

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

I am actively in & out of my.secondlife all day long, every day...although the last day or two it has been slow/borked, that message shows for me numerous times throughout the day, for months...I'm assuming it's something that they can't fix

I suspect LL purchased the feed software from some small company and has absolutely no idea how it works, or if it works. There has
never
been a day where it has responded less than glacially for me, sometimes producing error messages, sometimes yielding server timeouts, sometimes doing nothing at all. LL services are perhaps the only I know that put the user inside the error correction algorithms.

Getting computers and/or programs that were not designed to "talk" with each is a specialty.

What we have is LL trying to integrate Second Life with other Web Services and Second Life was not designed with this in mind.  So what we wind up with constantly is a communication breakdown that drives us insane.

That's at least my two cents on the topic.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

I suspect LL purchased the feed software from some small company and has absolutely no idea how it works, or if it works. There has
never
been a day where it has responded less than glacially for me, sometimes producing error messages, sometimes yielding server timeouts, sometimes doing nothing at all. LL services are perhaps the only I know that put the user inside the error correction algorithms.

Getting computers and/or programs that were not designed to "talk" with each is a specialty.

What we have is LL trying to integrate Second Life with other Web Services and Second Life was not designed with this in mind.  So what we wind up with constantly is a communication breakdown that drives us insane.

That's at least my two cents on the topic.

The problems we endure on LL's web properties (forums and feeds) are, I think, largely independent of SL's internals. Yes, LL may have some difficulties interfacing the web properties with SL databases, but even the straight-up web stuff is riddled with problems. The feeds and forums are the worst performing web properties I frequent.

I participate in numerous forums, some enthusiast/hobby type, some with a more professional bent. All of them have more traffic than SL's properties. All of them run smoothly. None of them are afflicted by spam. I will give LL credit for their remarkable ability to gather together almost every kind of online technical affliction I've ever experienced, all into one place.

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

never

You would not have suspected correctly, then.  I asked this question of Torley Linden, and he replied that it is home-grown.

black light.jpg

Storm Clarence wrote:

You would not have suspected correctly, then.  I asked this question of Torley Linden, and he replied that it is home-grown.

I think that someone forgot to tell them that Black Lights do not work very well as Grow Lights!

I'm getting this too. I even tried to create a support ticket, but it wasn't working, lol.

I can't buy lindens, and I won't risk buying them on a page serving third-party ads with a browser I can't use to protect myself against them so I guess I'm stuck being unable to buy linden dollars until they get it fixed

EDIT:

I was able to get it working. Basically went in and found all cookies with SecondLife in the name and deleted them. After that it seems to work normally

MasoDevotina wrote:

I got the same issue since yesterday (approx. 20hrs), but only when I use Firefox. With IE everythings works (except that I don't like IE that much, but that's a different story).

I had the same issue when trying to login in to secondlife.com, but only when I was using Firefox. Fortunately, I was able to log into the support page of SL and file a support ticket. I received a reply this morning to that support ticked that said the problem might be something with Firefox and I need to troubleshoot with Firefox.

I went into Moxilla Support by pressing the "Help" button at the trip of  my screen, and here is what I found that fixed the problem, and I am now able to log into secondlife.com using Firefox. Try following the steps below and see if it clears up the problem for you:

Try clearing Firefox's cookies and cache

Do these steps and then reload the website you're having trouble with.

1.            At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, go over to the History menu and select Clear Recent History....

2.            In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything.

3.            Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.

4.            Select both Cookies and Cache.

5.            Click Clear Now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.