Rez Failed Ring still missing from Inventory

Caelea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I accidently attempted to rez my ring in world while on a phone app and it failed to rez in world due to prim limits, It is now missing from my inventory. It's not in it's folder, my Lost and Found Folder, or my Objects Folder. How can I get it back?

2 answers to this question

That doesn't happen often, but when it does you can check two things:

1.  Examine the immediate area carefully.  The message may have said that it failed to rez, but it lied.  That message can be premature.  Your ring might have rezzed but not where you expected it to be.  I have found small objects in the grass and in the air behind me (that happens if I don't realize that there was a transparent part of a tree in my line of sight).

2. Visit your sim's garbage collection area (<0.0,0.0,0.0> in the extreme SW corner of the sim -- underground or in the water).  That's where the sim's servers deposit things when they don't know what else to do with them.  I check the garbage collector on sims that I manage every month or so, and I often find things that people rezzed and lost.

Greetings Caelea,

I would imagine it is a 'no-copy' item.  One thing you may try, is getting in contact with the region owner, or an estate manager.  They have to power to search things different ways.  Also, I have had this same issue with no-copy items, and I am an estate manager, but couldn't find the item.  I let it go for a couple of days, then emptied my inventory cache, and relogged.. and low and behold, it was back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.