LL Won't Reactive w/out Driver's License?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Even criminals/dumbasses post their crimes on FB. How stupid can one be lol

Ask the Subway "Sandwich Artist" who put his less than foot long onto a foot long, then posted the proof on Instagram.

Seems to be a trend, lately for fast food workers to brag on the internet about adulterating food at work.

SpiritLydia wrote:

First of all, how would LL even know it's not a stolen DL?

And, if as Griffin, on page 1 here says, I will lose all my inventory, then what is the point of having a reactivation at all?

And as far as Paypal, it used to be a bank with it's own credit card, etc., as to whether it is still a bank, I'm not sure. However, Paypal has a way of making sure it is you by depositing a small amount of change in your account which is added to your bank statement, and then you activate with that small amount of change (say .32 cents for example) plus other security measure that Paypal employs. 

However, what's the point of having a reactivation if there is nothing to reactive as stated by Griffin on Page 1, which I did not see when I deactivated.  When I deactivated, there was no such warning.  It said, it may be difficult to reactivate, but not that all items would be eliminated.  As to why I deactivated, that's neither here nor there at this point in time.  It was an illness, not necessary to talk about.   

Paypal has *never* been a bank. Having a credit card does not in fact, make a business a bank.  Businesses with cards like that, make deals with actual financial institutions, to offer those cards. Paypal has always been, and will always be, an aquirer,. They accept and process payments for websites, businesses and financial institutions. I started doing business with paypal around 2000, a couple years before ebay aquired it. You are 100% mistaken on what you think paypal is. I may not like the company, but I do know who and what they are, and always have. I think it's important. Then again I used them for actual business purposes, so I read ALL the fine print. I tend to do that anyway, though, lol.

The warning WAS on the page before you deactivated. It has been there since at least 2006, the last time I deactivated an account. It wasn't always highlighted, or bolded, or as descriptive as it is now, but the warning is right there blatantly in your face. It has always been clear. You ignoring it, as we so often do, does not mean it wasn't there. It also doesn't say you won't get your inventory, friendslist, land and such back. It says there is a possibility it cannot be recovered. This seems to typically apply to accounts that have been cancelled for quite some time. I wouldn't classify 3 weeks as such a lengthy time this will be a problem. You can speak with them on that matter though. The longer you take, the more likely it is to be lost. Which seems pretty reasonable to me. Can't expect they'd hold onto the assets forever while we twiddle our thumbs.

Most people who are this resilient to providing proof of something, only do so because they don't have that proof, or did something that would make their proof not  effective. Such as creating an account you shouldn't have, using false or stolen information, that sort of thing. I am not saying that's what you've done, but that is the primary reason most, including ll will be skeptical. It's why they need proof. There is absolutely no reason to believe ll will do sinister things with your dl. ID, in whatever form you might have, is needed quite often for identification purposes. That's sort of a given, since it's called "identification", that's it's sole purpose in life. How can they identify you without this information? Saying that "well maybe the ID is stolen too" makes you sound ridiculous. Do you really think someone would go through all the hoops you're going through now, with a stolen ID? Not only creating an account, with all the proper information(name, email, etc..) but then cancelling said account, followed up by needing proper ID to reinstate it. Come on now. Even you have to know how ridiculous that sounds. I don't like being mean, and I'm really not trying to be, but I have no clue why you're so resistant.

If you don't want them having your ID, make a new account, and this time don't deactivate it. Otherwise, be prepared to pony up what they need, if you want to use the services.

did you just downgrade from premium to basic?

if so your stuff should still be there..it's when you delete an account that you risk your stuff being gone..

also paypal is just another way to store money you wish to use on the internet or gives accss to your bank without using a credit card..

so it's really not something that would prove your age..

basically when your age comes into question..they just need to confirm it with you manually..

also if the ID was fake and there was ever any issue..it would not be with LL that there would be a problem..

it would be on the user if there was a law broken of any kind..

them getting ID is to cover them not you..

they just have to make sure you saying you were of age..if you were to use a fake ID..they wouldn't get in trouble..because they did what was asked of them..

so if it's fake and it passes..they really don't care..

the user is responsible in that case and has taken the burden off of LL

where if they just let you in with some mistake on your info of the old account..they could be in trouble then..

mail it to them or fax it to them or see what ways they have for you to get it to them..

it may be as easy as putting the info on a scanner and them receiving the scan..

see what all options are avalable..

if the account was deleted..then i would just make a new one and not bother going through all the trouble..

although it's only been 3 weeks..it may all be there if it was put up for deletion that short of time ago..

Tari Landar wrote:.

Most people who are this resilient to providing proof of something, only do so because they don't have that proof, or did something that would make their proof not  effective. Such as creating an account you shouldn't have, using false or stolen information, that sort of thing. I am not saying that's what you've done, but that is the primary reason most, including ll will be skeptical. It's why they need proof. 

Of maybe the TC is just not comfortable showing their ID over a company over the net,or have no means of getting a scanned version of their personal Identification.  I know I was felt the same way when LL asked for my information after I accidentially closed my account.

honerken wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:.

Most people who are this resilient to providing proof of something, only do so because they don't have that proof, or did something that would make their proof not  effective. Such as creating an account you shouldn't have, using false or stolen information, that sort of thing. I am not saying that's what you've done, but that is the primary reason most, including ll will be skeptical. It's why they need proof. 

Of maybe the TC is just not comfortable showing their ID over a company over the net,or have no means of getting a scanned version of their personal Identification.  I know I was felt the same way when LL asked for my information after I accidentially closed my account.

then you can put the information in a copy machine and make copies and send it in the mail..most libraries have copy machines and scanners..

LL still uses physical mail as well for an option..

i think the point is they have more ways to be able to do it..and if someone can't do it by any of those..

i doubt they will be getting back in..

if someone is not comfy with giving their information to LL to get access to the moderate and adult rated areas ..then that becomes a red flag for LL to be uncompfy of letting them into the moderate and adult rated areas then..

they have to protect themselves and the rest of thier member base in the moderate and adult areas.

if someone is leery of putting information through their computer to LL..then it will take a little longer mailing it in physical mail..

but at least there is a way =)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.