Sign in to follow this  
Charly Muggins

General NOT Moderate

I was looking for a thread on here that was talking about inappropriate content in these forums, but it has disappeared.

I wanted to correct the OP, since the forums, except the Adult section, is not classified as Moderate, as he suggested, but as General.

This means that discussion of ANY sexual matters is not permitted by the Community Guidelines ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines ) which states: 'Adult Content: Keep the content of your postings “General” as provided in the Maturity Guidelines. Postings that do not comply with the “General” rating may be removed.' The Maturity Guidelines http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119#General ) is not clear on forum content, but does state: 'A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit'.

That seems to indicate that LL do not approve of forum postings with any sexual content at all, which rules out BSDM, child prostitution in Mumbai or anywhere else, and even discussion of the name of the prospective British royalbaby!

Just trying to be helpful.

Charly

You are wrong on what General content means. Sorry, just saying because its pretty obvious. And your examples are even worse. On top of that, it was a none sense discussion from the start.

Charly Muggins wrote:

I was looking for a thread on here that was talking about inappropriate content in these forums, but it has disappeared.

I wanted to correct the OP, since the forums, except the Adult section, is not classified as Moderate, as he suggested, but as General.

This means that discussion of ANY sexual matters is not permitted by the Community Guidelines (
which states: '
Adult Content
: Keep the content of your postings “General” as provided in the
. Postings that do not comply with the “General” rating may be removed.' The Maturity Guidelines 
) is not clear on forum content, but does state: 'A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit'.

That seems to indicate that LL do not approve of forum postings with any sexual content at all, which rules out BSDM, child prostitution in Mumbai or anywhere else, and even discussion of the name of the prospective British royal
baby!

Just trying to be helpful.

Charly

I'm wondering how discussing the arrival of the Royal Crotch Fruit could be considered explicit?  Unless we were to start discussing how the Stork came to be in possesion of the Royal Crotch Fruit to begin with.

LOL

At least it brings some diversity. Here news are just about the Pope in Brazil (and he already has one miracle in his favour: made Brazilians love an Argentinian).

When I changed for International news, I am flooded with the royal baby.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

You just didn't get the answer you wanted. (
^_^
)

Enjoy your outrage. (
^_^
)y

So you are saying he is right? Oh and you have never seen me raging, this here is just telling someone they are wrong.

Thank you Charly for you awethorative citation, you're certainly no muggins.  

While an RIC button may well have some more useful place, preferably at the business end of a cistern pipe, I will endeavour with a puritanical zeal to RIC any post that I find to be either mature or adult in its nature or thinking.  I will not cease until the content of this forum is cleansed and brought down to the level of the adolescent as LL wish it to be portrayed to the wider world.

It is actually possible for some people to discuss "BSDM, child prostitution in Mumbai or anywhere else, and even... the name of the prospective British royalbaby" without being sexually explicit.

But you already knew that. :smileywink:

Sy Beck wrote:

I will not cease
until the content of this forum is cleansed and brought down to the level of the adolescent
as LL wish it to be portrayed to the wider world.

We're almost there.

Sy Beck wrote:

Thank you Charly for you awethorative citation, you're certainly no muggins.  

While an RIC button may well have some more useful place, preferably at the business end of a cistern pipe, I will endeavour with a puritanical zeal to RIC any post that I find to be either mature or adult in its nature or thinking.  I will not cease until the content of this forum is cleansed and brought down to the level of the adolescent as LL wish it to be portrayed to the wider world.

Do you mean that we will have nothing but Fart jokes flatulating through these pages?

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

Actually, you're both wrong.  (
^_^
)

The first rule of forum moderation:  Don't talk about forum moderation. (
^_^
)y

I have not talked about the forum moderation with a single word. By the way: No, that doesn't make you look cute...more crazy in a bad way.

You don't get it....

Last try...

1. Where did I say anything about control?

2. Where is the context saying anything about the moderation? (Hint: Nowhere. People who are aware about forum politics in general know that "not talking about forum moderation" means something different as what you want to imply here)

3. The discussion was about content as a general subject. As in "What is moderate content and what is general rated content?", also as in "Is talking about prostituion a general rated subject?"

4. If the OP talks about moderation in this forum...thats nothing I did. I was only replying to his wrong idea of what moderate content is.

How amusing. This thread, which is entirely General, except in its allusions to threads which are NOT General, has been moved from the General forums to the Adult section, while those other offending threads remain in public for five year olds to read.

Does that count as the equivalent of extraordinary rendition of a comedian with a tea towel on his head?

I thought South Africa had some funny ideas about justice and equality.

Charly Muggins wrote:

How amusing. This thread, which is entirely General, except in its allusions to threads which are NOT General, has been moved from the General forums to the Adult section, while those other offending threads remain in public for five year olds to read.

Does that count as the equivalent of extraordinary rendition of
?

I thought South Africa had some funny ideas about justice and equality.

Post a lolcat and a damn good fart joke and we'll see if we can get it moved back again.  :smileywink:

Ah, I've just realised why everything else is "guidelines"; the detail of the ToS/CS is irrelevant and this is the only clause that matters:

' the actions taken (or not taken) by Linden Lab and our moderators are at our sole discretion, and we may act without warning or explanation'

Charly Muggins wrote:

Ah, I've just realised why everything else is "guidelines"; the detail of the ToS/CS is irrelevant and this is the only clause that matters:

' the actions taken (or not taken) by Linden Lab and our moderators are at our sole discretion, and we may act without, reason, common sense, warning or explanation'

FIFY!

Sean Heying wrote:

• The claiming of beauty is infinately better than 50 shades of grey.
  • +91
  • George Alexander Louis

Hmmm, if my memory serves me well - cue Julie Driscoll - that's the telephone number of the Mumbai police.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

It is actually possible for some people to discuss "
BSDM, child prostitution in Mumbai or anywhere else, and even... the name of the prospective British royal
baby" without being sexually explicit.

"Some" being the operative word there. Some people cannot control their phrasing very well, and end up moderated. Being poor at such control, they also tend to not understand why they have been moderated.

In most hobby / fan run communities, moderation is done on the basis of being in the ingroup or not. But I find that less so here. Moderation here is possibly over-active in some areas and not active enough in others - and its not always consistent. But it doesn't seem personally motivated.

The flaws here remind me more of monkeys throwing darts at a printout of the forums AFTER reading their policy guidelines. "Maybe" they know what they are up to, but sometimes they don't. :P

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

The flaws here remind me more of monkeys throwing darts at a printout of the forums AFTER reading their policy guidelines. "Maybe" they know what they are up to, but sometimes they don't.
:P

You just described the Lab so perfectly. Generally though they just make it up as they go.