FEEDING A BIG MAC TO A CAT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't think it is wise to feed human food to dogs. It is abuse to your animal because he/she doesn't know what is good or bad for it. I know a Lady that always fed her dog steak and dinner scraps. All of her dogs died early and suffered. Still to this day, she doesn't beleive she is killing her own dogs. Even though the vet says so as well.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

I don't think it is wise to feed human food to dogs. It is abuse to your animal because he/she doesn't know what is good or bad for it. I know a Lady that always fed her dog steak and dinner scraps. All of her dogs died early and suffered. Still to this day, she doesn't beleive she is killing her own dogs. Even though the vet says so as well.

Did you know the Ancient Romans didn't distinguish between dogs and cats either.

Awe . . . for which some gladiators were eternally grateful.

My mother used to feed her cat on the table. The cat had a habit of jumping on the kitchen table. Mother: "Oh, are you hungry my dear? Wait a moment, I'll get something good for you...".  She went to the fridge, took a can of yoghurt, started to feed the cat on table with a small spoon! :smileysurprised:  This went on every single day.

She didn't realise that she was overfeeding the poor feline. It got fat soon - and died at an early age. :catsad: :smileysad:

we feed our dogs high protien raw meat..

deer is really good for them and our cattle which is also really good for them..

they don't get the cheap stuff..

i'll chop it up some and mix up some egg in there at times..they love that..

nothing is better for a growing pup either..

once they were big enough and off the nipple..

as far as fast food..i don't even know how humans can stand the smell of that stuff to eat it..it all smells like old burnt used and reused grease..

just nasty..

my dogs wouldn't touch it..

Agreed, Ceka. I'm a fan of the raw diet for my dogs, been feeding it for years and they love it and they are in really good health. Much better than the dogs I had that I fed commercial dog food, and they live longer.

To the op - doubtful you could get the cat to eat much more than the hamburger part of a Big Mac...  but it might be amusing to watch you try...

Karl Herber wrote:

Cats are strictly carnivorous so there is probably nothing in a big mac that would interest them.

I had a cat once that simply loved canned stewed tomatoes.  I forget how we found out, but he would eat them as fast as we put them down.  

Cats are obligate carnivores, which does not mean that they ONLY eat meat - I believe that only snakes fall into this category - but that they NEED to eat meat to satisfy critical dietary requirements as they can not process plant proteins fo essential purposes. Perhaps they eat flowers because they are intrinsic psychopaths with an instinct to destroy beauty, and they like tinned tomatoes because they look and taste like coagulated blood.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.