Why should a LL helper be so rude in answering my post.

Sarah36 Islay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

f you have proof:

Although you may not name names here there is nothing to stop you doing so on an external website.

General Discussion and the other forums will attract both more attention and responses from other residents.  Possibly even LL.  Here, you're just cluttering the place up.

Fraud is fraud - contact the police.

Otherwise, and apart from that:

Stop bothering us with your rants, since you have no genuine question.  Spamming is not only annoying but also reportable.

I had a genuine case and I just cannot belive I get spoken to like this. Maybe I should leave SL after six years after building up my club  and  LL will miss my L$40.000 every month. and let the cheaters win. 

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Why do you feel so hurt from one single person, who probably just had a  bad day or not enough coffee yet?

His post as a true core, I saw you repeatedly posting about cheating at your club here in the answer section without a real question within the text. Still, you got many execellent answers on what to do now. Have you followed any of the advice you got?

I do not know what you expect from us here. We are residents, all normal people just like you. We do not carry any extra rights or a magical tool to solve your problem or to act like a LL employee. We can't ban them for you, we can't see whos behind the avatars....only give you advice on what you can to or who you can contact.

Edit: Also you seem to be missing something: Nobody here is a LL helper or an employee of LL. All help and answers are from normal users.

• Like 3

Most of us who spend time responding in this resident-to-resident Answers service have been in SL at least as long as you have.  We've also listened to a lot of rants.   I'm sure you have too.  You got pretty good advice from several people here in each of your many posts.  Relax and consider it. 

• Like 1

Sarah,

Just to recap if I may...
...from a SL Answers Volunteer

1) You learned that there are cheaters here in SL that like to "Game" Easy to Game Contests!

2) You have also found out that it is not against the LL TOS [Terms of Service] to "Game" Easy to Game Contests and that this is actually a Resident / Resident issue.

3) You also have found out that as a Club / Parcel / Region owner you have all the power you need to ban the cheaters from your clubs and contests. No questions asked and with no repercussions from Linden Research. It is your right as a Club / Parcel / Region owner.

4) You have claimed that this is Fraud. When this person's behavior with his ALTs is looked at against a Club / Parcel / Region owner contest rules of "No Cheating" it is clearly not a case of Fraud in any way shape or form. While reprehensible, his behavior is also not illegal under any Real World legal statute.

FRAUD

Fraud is commonly understood as dishonesty calculated for advantage. A person who is dishonest may be called a fraud. In the U.S. legal system, fraud is a specific offense with certain features.

Fraud is most common in the buying or selling of property, including real estate, Personal Property, and intangible property, such as stocks, bonds, and copyrights. State and federal statutes criminalize fraud, but not all cases rise to the level of criminality. Prosecutors have discretion in determining which cases to pursue. Victims may also seek redress in civil court.

Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result.

5) Undeterred, you go ahead and file A.R. reports against the avatars "Gaming" your contests with Linden Research. When you ask why Linden Research has not told YOU about the status of all your A.R. reports and we share with you that they don't tell anyone the outcome, with the exception of the person being reported against when action is found to be needed,  You start to "Ask" repeatetedly in various forums about why Linden Research has not done something about your A.R. filings.

6) You have been told repeatedly in various forums that YOU will hear nothing else about filed A.R.'s as the outcome of these investigations is not published publicly.

7) You have also been told that filing an A.R. about a "Contest Cheater" is a useless gesture as no TOS violation has occurred and that it is a Resident / Resident issue which YOU have the ability to deal with on your own.

8) You have ignored as far as I can tell the excellent advise by others in SL suggesting that you use other contest management methods that discourage "Cheating" since the definition of "Fraud" does not apply to Contests in Second Life unless the Contest itself is fraudulent in some manner.

9) Now you feel put upon because someone grew a bit tired of your continuous questions [Characterizing a few of them as Rants] regarding this issue that has no possible 3rd party resolution.

My Advise:

Deal with this yourself. Ban the people who you claim are doing this from your Club. They will move their army of ALTs elsewhere. Thank you for the Heads-Up. BTW - We [Other Club Owners & Managers] have been dealing with this kind of thing for years now. We  [Other Club Owners & Managers] have adapted our contests to employ voting methods that can not be easily "gamed".

I'm not telling you anything that others have not told you already.

Sarah, this should be the end of this issue for you. As a Club owner you accept all the issues that come with responsible Club ownership and Management. Deal with it. Linden Research doesn't get involved in Club Management issues. If you won't take the advise others have offered about running Contest that are hard to "Game" then just stop running Contests. Problem solved. Contest Cheaters have been a reality since the Biblical Days and earlier. Ever since the cavemen culture when Grog cheated at Bones with Arf.  Enough said?

Let me be clearer:

We are not LL representatives, appointees or employees, as you have been told several times.

Contact LL if you want information from/about LL, as you have been told several times.

Contact the police or your legal representative if you have proof of fraud, as you haven't been told but probably should have been.

In no case is there any assistance that we, ordinary residents, can offer other than that which has been offered.  As You Have Been Told Several Times.

I, at least, am starting to consider your repeated postings about this in answers as either spamming or trolling. What else are we meant to make of it? ("Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"; Albert Einstein)

Pretty-please stop doing it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.