Jump to content

Get list of object and prim use on parcel?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello,


I am renting a parcel. I do have access to all settings.

I am running out of prims and I am not sure what is hogging so many prims - by my own calculations I should still have some left. In "About land" I can only get a list of owners - not very useful, I own nearly everything on the parcel. But I probably have some hoggers I do not realize I have.


Is there any way to view a list of objects on th eparcel and how many prims they use? Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you rezzed and lost anything, especially jewelry? Go into "debug" mode and turn off the surface patches, water, and terrain ... look underground for lost objects.

Check any mesh items you rezzed for their "impact" ... a badly made mesh can equal a lot of prims.

And in "About Land" you can see how many prims are yours and how many belong to others, with an option to return them to owner.if you see an owner you don';t recoignize, rewturn their prims.

I have auto-return set on my parcel for 5 minutes ... people can rez things, but they don't stick around.

 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113#Section_.4  might help

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get a fairly good picture of what you own nearby using About Land features

  • Enable 'show hidden selection' in Build/Options.  Otherwise you won't see stuff that's hidden.
  • Using the 'Objects' tab of 'About Land' you get a count of prims set to group.
  • Click the 'Show' button for 'Set to group' -Nearby objects set to group will be shown.
  • Refresh the Object Owners list.
  • Clink on your AV name in the list - your items nearby will be shown.

Some viewers have an 'Area Search' feature.  Using that you can filter to get a list of your items.  No prim count there so you have to chase down the items to see where your prims went.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

usually use the panel of the earth, in the world, properties, follow the path that fellow above suggested in debug. Got him through the list of all objects on land, it only visible to menagers and owner of the parcel. I understand you have an island, if you have just a portion of the island, I suggest you ask a menager or the owner of the island. Generally if esteje beginning and has not quaze nothing on the island in the last resort take prins all and make an rez, it may help if not work, ask for help in support, they will send a technician in the game to see what happens.

Hope this helps.

Good morning!

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are probably cheaper options but this will list all the objects on a parcel or sim and their prim usage along with UUID and teleport link to them in local chat:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bright-Finder-Finds-objects-by-owner-or-name-anywhere-on-your-parcel-any-number-any-range/2563226

it took 25 minutes to scan 13000 prims across a full sim

Link to post
Share on other sites


Muireann McMillan wrote:

Hello,

 

I am renting a parcel. I do have access to all settings.

I am running out of prims and I am not sure what is hogging so many prims - by my own calculations I should still have some left. In "About land" I can only get a list of owners - not very useful, I own nearly everything on the parcel. But I probably have some hoggers I do not realize I have.

 

Is there any way to view a list of objects on th eparcel and how many prims they use? Thanks!

Assuming you've got a patfinding-supporting viewer, try going into "Build" - "Pathfinding" - "Edit Linksets." You should see a pretty complete list there.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Theresa Tennyson wrote:


Muireann McMillan wrote:

Hello,

 

I am renting a parcel. I do have access to all settings.

I am running out of prims and I am not sure what is hogging so many prims - by my own calculations I should still have some left. In "About land" I can only get a list of owners - not very useful, I own nearly everything on the parcel. But I probably have some hoggers I do not realize I have.

 

Is there any way to view a list of objects on th eparcel and how many prims they use? Thanks!

Assuming you've got a patfinding-supporting viewer, try going into "Build" - "Pathfinding" - "Edit Linksets." You should see a pretty complete list there.

I did not know about that pathfinding linkset list.  I tried it and it found all six of my prims.  Plus owned by others on other parcels in the region.  Then if I flew to the next region it listed five items. In a 3rd sim it listed nothing.  When my alt tries it he sees four of my six items.  So that's a puzzle.

So - I'm happy that it seems to show me my stuff but I'm really very confused about what it's showing me.  The WIKI provided a couple pages that didn't clear things up.  Like - why do I see five items from other parcels on my list and not everything on the other parcels?  And if I'm not getting everything on the other parcels am I getting everything on my parcel? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:


Theresa Tennyson wrote:


Muireann McMillan wrote:

Hello,

 

I am renting a parcel. I do have access to all settings.

I am running out of prims and I am not sure what is hogging so many prims - by my own calculations I should still have some left. In "About land" I can only get a list of owners - not very useful, I own nearly everything on the parcel. But I probably have some hoggers I do not realize I have.

 

Is there any way to view a list of objects on th eparcel and how many prims they use? Thanks!

Assuming you've got a patfinding-supporting viewer, try going into "Build" - "Pathfinding" - "Edit Linksets." You should see a pretty complete list there.

I did not know about that pathfinding linkset list.  I tried it and it found all six of my prims.  Plus owned by others on other parcels in the region.  Then if I flew to the next region it listed five items. In a 3rd sim it listed nothing.  When my alt tries it he sees four of my six items.  So that's a puzzle.

So - I'm happy that it seems to show me my stuff but I'm really very confused about what it's showing me.  The WIKI provided a couple pages that didn't clear things up.  Like - why do I see five items from other parcels on my list and not everything on the other parcels?  And if I'm not getting everything on the other parcels am I getting everything on my parcel? 

 

You see everything you have the rights to edit in some way - i.e. all your items and all the items shared with your group, AND all items that are set to "Everyone can move." A surprising number of people have a few items on their land that are set to "Anyone can move," probably without realizing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And now in a surprising twist:

The Build/Pathfinding/Linksets provides a nice list off all prims in a region that you can edit in some way.  And of course when I say prims I mean land impacts. It does not include those used by any pathfinding characters.   You can get a list of your characters using Build/Pathfinding/Characters.  Surprisingly that doesn't list the land impacts of the characters. 

I've looked for & not found an explanation of why a 5 prim character carries a land impact of 15.  Perhaps that's a minimum or something.  The "Calculating Land Impact" wiki article makes no mention of characters.  The Pathfinding WIKI article is clearly not current.  Thanks for any Links to accurate documentation.

edit:   I found some old threads from 2012 that mention an apparent minimum LI of 15 for pathfinding characters.  No documentation referenced back then either so I'm still looking for that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...