What's the best way of determining your height?

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Myra Wildmist wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

All height tools use math to guess your height by taking agent height and either adding X or multiplying by X.  So all of them will be off.

Agent height goes from ground to eyes. The space above your eyes is set by head settings like forehead, egghead, and others. Obviously everyone is different here, and there is no lsl function to get someone's shape dials. This is why no height meter an get the right value.

Firestorm's guess is no better or worse than anyone else. For firestorm to be right you have to use the same head shape the coder/qa tester of firestorm's meter used.

Maybe the best thing to do is take the mean of the prim height, the FS height and the LL height, and just use that as the baseline. : )

After looking at all three, I'd say I'm coming in around 6 2. A bit tall.

The only one of those that would be accurate would be the prim height. The others would just confuse when trying to do things like size a door, couch, car, etc.

Thanks, again, Pussycat.

I did a pretty good job of eyeballing it - my height came out the same after i attached the prim to my avatar center. That's such an awesome tip, though.

I have one, too, in case someone didn't say it, yet: make your prim a phantom, so you can step inside it. : )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.