Yikes! Can Linden Labs make anything harder for us?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well I just braved the new Marketplace system and it is a nightmare. I can list several RL items on Ebay using Turbo Lister than I can one of these virtural ones. I can't believe the number of steps you have to go through. The magic box was not always reliable but at least it was fast and easy. 

I spent over two hours batlling tech issues and bizarre messages, and did not succeed in getting one listing active.   I want my magic box back! 

I am with Parrish on this one.  I like the new system much better.

Moving OVER wasn't fun of course, but now I just open a vendor, copy to merchant outbox and send to Marketplace (doesn't always get there the first or second try - tis true). From there it is the same.

I had tons of sales that didn't go through and that the folks never came back to buy again. This is much better for delivery and you can see what is in the folder and the permissions right there on the web so you don't have to go open your magic box and go through all that.

Keep trying. You'll get it.

artifactsofmars Omegaman wrote:

Well Parrish if I decide to try again I will copy the bizarre messages I am getting. Here is one: 

Product state not changed: Current state cannot transition via "list". 

You really do need a "Geek to Human" translator. Allow me to try a bit:

"Product State Not Changed" - That means that you were trying to change the product's "State" .. like from unlisted to listed .. except something prevented that from happening.

"Current state cannot transition via "list"" - This means that using the "list" function isn't going to work because something somewhere is blocking it.

What you need to do is investigate what might be blocking the List function from working. Usually it's something tiny and stupid such as forgetting to select a category or a price or some other tiny almost invisible detail. I recommend you carefully review each and every entry in your product listing to make sure every blank is filled out completely and nothing important is left blank.

I'm the new generation in SL where DD was the only option for merchants as Xstreet was becoming obsolete just then. I think DD speeds my work up in terms of uploading because I don't have to box the individual items n migrate em from here to there. It's really fast. Once you get the hang of it you'll be fond of the new system for sure. ppl say LL is screwing us all up on MP but I think DD turned out to be a success. 

• 9 months later...

I realize that this is an old topic, but bringing it up again....I've been trying since the "onset" of the new "Marketplace" to get my items moved from Magic Box to Direct Delivery, using the given instructions for "Migrating"....as for the "Product state not changed: Current state cannot transition via "list"......it's on every item I've tried to migrate from Magic Box to DD.....I've come close a few times to just deleting my entire inventory from the Marketplace, however, I'm stubborn.

I have checked every line of the listing, the association, made sure that the items were available to migrate, done everything by the book......the items refuse to activate.  I used to be proud to be a Marketplace Merchant.....now....the Marketplace has become the #1 problem.  I still may delete my entire inventory because nothing I've done has seemed to work.  Sorry all you people who think it's the most plastic fantastic thing that's ever come down the pike, but the Magic Box was MUCH easier to use.

Clydar? Can you post a screenshot of a single product listing please? As many people have said, the process of listing items via Direct Delivery is incredibly easy and shouldn't be giving you this much trouble. But since it is still thwarting you after almost a year .. there has GOT to be something stubborn and unanticipated gumming up the works.

I realize it will take a few screenshots to get the entire Edit Listing screen captured, but please take the time to get every single field and every single detail. There just HAS to be an answer for you, and I'm fairly confident that once you can put screenshots in my face (and the faces of others) that the problem(s) will be spotted and resolved.

Remember, the problem is obviously something small and nearly invisible, so providing as much detail as possible will help ensure a successful resolution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.