Huge drop in sales

Teagan Parnas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I gave up buying a couple of days ago.   That lovely 5 year old bug is back...the one where you spend lindens and pop...you have -1L in your account.   While its so bad and you cant even see the mesh clothing you do buy.. Im waiting.   For what exactly I have no idea.   Yesterday was not even funny.  And yes, I am on the latest versions of everything.   So as usual, its one step forward...5 back.

I've never really had too many sales, so in my case it's noticing when low drops to very lor or nothing at all, lol.

And yah, I've noticed that sometimes It's really bad and then one day seems to be better than others ever, and again nothing and better day, and it just goes on and on.

Hoping for better days .

And hoping to make better stuff soon >_>

About the same for me. It could very easily have to do with what you sell. I didn't look to see what your products are but it seems like those that sell clothes and avatar based items have a bigger drop in the summer than ones that sell houseware stuff. I talked to some of the other designers inworld and they are very busy and doing well.

I am guessing that along with the summer thing and the European "holiday" day thing there are also lots of kids out of school and away from their computers doing outside stuff. This is good in the bigger picture -- at least from my point of view LOL. It is most likely the "older folks" that have land and homes and such where the kids party and go to clubs as their main entertainment.  One reason why lots of designers take the summer off.

Not sure what difference the perm of the bears or my other items would make. They have to be sold Transferable inworld as they need to be given as a gift. And the MP allows for this too. Also many of my items are scripted in away they need to be rezzed by the giver, so again need to be transferable.

Plus i sell more then just bears, all my sales are down compared too the last 3 years, even making allowence for summer etc which is always a hard time of year

The last two weeks have been slow for me...especially in the marketplace (this includes freebie and demo sales). Inworld sales are up though. I suspect that recent changes have put people off the marketplace, and some will find their way inworld if they really want something.

I am in the clothing/av trade, and I know I get a bit of a dip for the Northern Summer, but this is a significant "not bad one week/pretty sorry the next" type dip.

That's my interpretation so far...but then I periodically have inexplicable drops for 2 weeks or so, and then my marketplace sales go back to normal. It could be that one of my regular drops in sales has coincided with marketplace nonsense.

Because the vast majority of customers want copy/mod products instead of gift giving items that can be retailed. Yes i'm sure most would rather gift themselves your teddy bears and other things you make instead of waiting for the off chance for someone else to gift them to them even though they seem to be intended as person to different person gifts. A problem with transfer only items is that eventually the market gets so inundated with them that retailing them, and at lower prices, circumnavigates the original seller. In SL it seems to by and large manifest as person to person trading instead of general retail outlet shopping or flea market activity or the like. :-)

I have noticed a slow down for sure, but considering the recent problems with MP, combined with the fact that this is the first real summer we have had in Europe for nearly 3 years, I am not surprised. My cave kits are holding up pretty well, but everything else is suffering. I don t have much to compare it to really, since I have only been a merchant for just over a month.

I see summer as the perfect time to tinker with new unfinished products, and refine what is already in your store.

Compared to the last 2 weeks ya, I guess it's slightly worse, by like maybe 5%. But compared to this time last year, actually quite a nice large increase about 40%. I don't think it's a great idea to compare from week to week, mainly because it's so finecky the way sales are in the MP. Sometimes with the way search works, I'll have great sales on a particular item one week and crap the next, then back up the next. Annual monthly comparisons I think are a better way to look at things to see if you are generally increasing or decreasing and gives a broader range of success or failure to look at. But I definitely wouldn't worry about a sales decrease because one week or less or more from the previous week, it's going to happen.

Since the new payment system was introduced to the Marketplace, I have had a 70 % drop in sales. My store may as well be closed, My items no longer show in searches as well as they used to. If i didnt know better I would think someone at LL is trolling me. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked concierge if LL ever does anything with the convenience for their clients in mind.

I've cancelled all of my listing enhancements, 30k worth, because as far as I am concerned, if they aren't working I am not wasting the money.

If it continues to next month, I will dump (not resell) my 3 sims and quit altogether.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.