Sign in to follow this  
Dora Gustafson

What is it with my.secondlife.com?

The my.secondlife.com website is a pain in the ...

It doesn't work or it work badly
Half of my friends doesn't show in 'persons'
I can't send a private message
Often I can't read people's profiles

I don't mind if LL use their resources in world and and let the my.secondlife.com website die
but they should say so and offer another option to manage friends list and abilities

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

For a while now I've been using it to check out profiles, if I try to look at profiles inworld most of the time it lags out.  It's been working well enough for that.

I do agree that there are plenty of problems with the SL site

But....

1. I like the feeds. It's fun to see some of the odd stuff that people put on there...from cool pictures to funny posts. It helps make my day go a bit faster.

2. I like the fact that I can message my friends when they're in world and I'm not. Granted, it's a bit annoying to have to wait for a response and they don't all show up in the friends list, but it's a good way to keep in touch with them.

3. It's also a good way to make corrections or additions to your profile when you're not in world. If I want to add an RL pic or change my settings, it's better than waiting until I get home.

So...even with all the problems, I think it's a good feature and would hope LL can improve it, rather than scrap it (as one of the posters recommended.)