Why was my partnership dissolved when I did not do this nor did my Partner

AbeyLynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did not dissolve my partnership nor did my partner and no one has our passwords can someone tell me what happened that my partnership was dissolved? This is very troubling to the two of us I would Like it set back free of charge we never dissolved it.

4 answers to this question

I've never heard of this happening and it would be prudent to change your passwords even though you say nobody has them. Perhaps a SL glitch, perhaps something more sinister.

If you or your partner has Premium membership, contact Live Chat but if Basic membership, I don't think there is any support category for this. It may seem unfair but the cost of partnering again is so miniscule, would it not be simpler just to do that?

• Like 2

Oh you'll love this. When the system has been laggy I have been merrily typing a chat response along and all of a sudden I'm typing responses to prompts that end up at the Partner page. I've almost de-partnered myself on 3 occasions when this happens because I was just doing a stream of consciousness typing task and not paying attention to the screen

..... but instead was looking at my fingers type. :D

The usual suspect is when you want to type a Shift-P and actually end up typing in a Ctrl-P [Preferences] pop up. From there it's easy to accidentally end on your Profile by just continuing to  type and it goes down hill from there.

Mea Culpa to the Touch Typing Goddess [she can be a Witch]

• Like 1

I KNEW there was a good reason not to take typing in high school! It may not show because I'm still a lousy typist (two fingers and a couple of thumbs), but I really do pay close attention when I type. If I start daydreaming, the wheels fall off real fast. :P:o

• Like 1

On 7/16/2013 at 2:50 AM, AbeyLynn said:

I did not dissolve my partnership nor did my partner and no one has our passwords can someone tell me what happened that my partnership was dissolved? This is very troubling to the two of us I would Like it set back free of charge we never dissolved it.

Well today this happened to us ... as I got an email telling me that my partner has dissolved our partnership.  While this is a no biggie, I had to ask  him and he said he was surprised as well because he did not do it nor did he had any linden left to cause the dissolution. 

It is weird... 

somebody said that it would be easier to just repartner but the fact that such anomaly if left unexplained would cause a lot of confusion.

the last query about this mysterious unpartnering came in 2013 and since then nobody seems to have experienced it. I hope her partner was telling the truth. I seriously doubt this tho.

i think my ex-partner is not being honest.

sad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.