I sent money to a non existing email on paypal. Is there any way for me to cancel this transaction?

Cyrule Adder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was sending money back to my paypal account, when I typed in the email confirmation twice. Both times I missed the last letter in gmail. I was wondering if it was possible for me to cancel the transaction and get the money back, or if I can't will it automaticaly come back to me?

3 answers to this question

In a logical world, the transaction would fail as undeliverable.  The way to find out for sure whether Linden Lab works in a logical world is to call and ask.  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

If the payment was sent to an email address that is not registered or incorrect, then the sender can cancel it from the transaction details otherwise, if the transaction remains unclaimed for 30 days, it will be returned to the sender.

But it's best  to contact Linden Labs Billing Support (Rolig gave you the Numbers), or create a support ticket, and find out if the transaction maybe is still in the line and could be cancelled. 

Since you forgot the last letter in gmail you don#t need to worry that the money will be paid to someone who unfortunately has the email adress you mistyped : )  there is no @gmai.com  (as far as i know ; )) and it'll most likely return to you. But cancelling would be a faster solution without waiting / guessing. So just contact the billing team =)

I once did something similar.   It will have bounced back right away, because the email address I provided doesn't exist (I checked it), and I notified LL what happened.   

Everything was delayed because I started the transaction some days before Christmas, so I wasn't initially too surprised when it seemed to be taking a long time to arrive.   When I did finally decide to chase it, I looked up the transaction on my Process Credit History page to get all the details to give to LL and it was only then I realised I'd made the mistake.

I actually got the money back into my account a couple of working days after I reported the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.