What does LL's latest acquisition mean for SL?

Darren Scorpio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Darren Scorpio wrote:

What are your thoughts?

After reading the first comment on that page I'm not sure if my thoughts would be printable. 

"So maybe this will help Desura improve their service, I have been hearing complaints from quite a few developers on the time it takes them to get things done."

What Universe does that writer live on?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Darren Scorpio wrote:

What are your thoughts?

After reading the first comment on that page I'm not sure if my thoughts would be printable. 

"So maybe this will help Desura improve their service, I have been hearing complaints from quite a few developers on the time it takes them to get things done."

What Universe does that writer live on?

The same universe where they probably haven't played SL or delt with LL customer service in any shape or form. That Universe. lolz

if you're so unhappy about SL, why don't you just close your account and leave us in peace, troll?

So LL buys another company, a company probably owning some technology LL thinks fits in well with their plans. Good luck to them, hope it works out and isn't a lemon.

well, Jwenting, im may be missing something but i dont understand why you come with such agressivity attacking the OP and saying she s a troll...

i do love, and more than i could ever say, SL, i enjoy it really deeply, but the reason i love it ( contents created by residents, friends i have there, creations i do there etc ...) have certainly nothing to see with the way LL treat their residents. Their customer support is a lame... probably one of the worst i ever seen (but yes, not the only one indeed) and i really understand when Desura users, after checking what is LL, are saying they are not happy and plan to leave Desura.

Maybe yes, Desura fits well with LL plan, but really i dont think we can say that the contrary is true.... 

jwenting wrote:

if you're so unhappy about SL, why don't you just close your account and leave us in peace, troll?

So LL buys another company, a company probably owning some technology LL thinks fits in well with their plans. Good luck to them, hope it works out and isn't a lemon.

Flame much?

Maybe the reason we do speak up is because we do like SL and like it very much. 

And we want to see it grow.

Some of us also are more aware of other things.

Remember Second Life is Expanding to Steam?  I wonder why that hasn't happened yet?  Seeing how that has appeared to have failed, buying Desura might make sense.

Or will Desura suffer the fate of Avatars United?

Sometimes it is a bit of a Catch 22.  While we do like SL very much, we don't always hold the company that owns it, LL, in the highest esteem and even sometimes say so.

That does not make us "Trolls."  We are simply customers who want to see things improve.

jwenting wrote:

Nobody here is trolling, except you. 

jwenting wrote:

Your comment is totally out of line.  I think anyone that has been in SL for a while and experienced LL's customer service probably fell out of their chair laughing at that comment about may Desura's CS will improve.  I know I did. If someone doesn't like it, well sometimes the truth hurts.

That doesn't mean that we are unhappy with SL in general.  Luckily there is plenty of resident to resident help available to help resolve most issues.

I have no issues with LL other than their CS.  I wish them the best with their new aquisition.  Time will tell if it was the right move.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I don't really have anything negative to say about LL. In my 6 years here I've been a content creator, store owner, sim owner, premium account holder, and mainland owner so I've had plenty of experience in dealing with LL for support and other issues. Generally I've found in this world you have people who are going to complain no matter what you do so it's best to just do things anyways and let the complainers complain. Also most times complainers are actually very much in the minority and they just make waves because they're loudest at what they do. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.