How do I get video media to work with the Singularity Viewer

Acheruntis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm currently using the Singularity Viewer, but it will not stream video media. For example, when I click on a TV screen, or a media screen, the screen doesn't play video.

My media, however, does work on my Firestorm viewer with no problems whatsoever.

EDIT: My anti-virus isn't the problem. It doesn't block the plugin, but the plugin itself won't run. I've allowed it through my firewall.

2 answers to this question

Check the SLPlugin file

• Relog and open Search
  • Go to your computer processes and look for “slplugin.exe”
    • For Windows users, go to Task Manager → Processes Tab
    • For Mac users, go to Activity Monitor → My Processes (usually by default, but you can check top right drop down)
    • For Linux users, go to Command Terminal, and type “ps aux”
    • You may see four instances of the slplugin running (that is normal behavior)
    • If you do not see any instances of slplugin running, that is the cause of media failing
  • If slplugin is not running, disable all firewall and virus protection (including anti-virus software and windows or other operating system firewalls)
  • Relog and attempt video playback again
  • If it works, you will need to stop your firewall/virus protection from blocking the slplugin file by granting it appropriate permissions in your firewall/virus protection software
  • NOTE: If you have several viewers installed, you will have to allow to each one access through your firewall, as well as to SLPlugin for each one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.