Busted For Trolling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Awe Thor wrote: where do you draw the line between online fantasy and reality?

While I can appreciate why you seek my attention, your efforts are not only frivolous but undesirable. Shoo grasshopper, and bother your master.

To requote another of your posts: "Don't bring an archaic thesaurus to an intellectual gunfight"

Awe  . . . has absolutely no masters.

Awe Thor wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

While I can appreciate why you seek my attention, your efforts are not only frivolous but undesirable. Shoo grasshopper, and bother your master.

To misquote another of your posts: "Don't bring an archaic thesaurus to an intellectual gunfight"

Awe  . . . has absolutely no masters degree.

FIFY... Although it's true you shouldn't... someday the unimaginative imposter will realize she/he makes me chuckle at the absurdity of her/his eponymous replies.

good to see that at least one country takes threats against a person through online services seriously.

Received such threats myself a few years ago when someone didn't like my RP persona in an MMO and decided that was enough reason for OOC action against me and my friends.
Few weeks later a concerted campaign of vandalism against my property (house, car, etc.) and slander against my person started that lasted for several years.

Police never took it serious, never even tried to find the persons responsible. Worse, I never told that person any private details, not even my login name (unlike here, the account name was hidden from other residents/players, only display names were shown), details I later found out he probably got from the game's account servers (turned out one of his close buddies was a former customer service rep for the company, when he got kicked out for much the same thing someone forgot to revoke his access to those servers).

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Awe Thor wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

To misquote another of your posts: "Don't bring an archaic thesaurus to an intellectual gunfight"

Awe  . . . has absolutely no masters degree.

FIFY... Although it's true you shouldn't... someday the unimaginative imposter will realize she/he makes me chuckle at the absurdity of her/his
eponymous
replies.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Awe . . . actually does have a Masters degree; he paid two guineas for it.

This person was obviously not your everyday, run-of-the-mill troll... it's clear that this idiot has some serious emotional issues.  What he did goes far beyond what most of the over-reactionary whiners you find on any given forum cry bloody murder over... which is usually just a simple disagreement or disparate point of view.  Hopefully, not only will this type of coverage help dissuade other lunatics from posting this sort of disturbing stuff, but help to put into perspective the difference between a few rude comments and truly harmful language.

...Dres

Awe Thor wrote:

Do you think there's any possibility of a retrospective prosecution for
? (quoted by Rio, sixth post down)

Awe . . . "eunic"? Some things never change, the illiteracy of real trolls being one of them.

I'm sure there are some hyper-emotional hypocrites that would be perfectly alright with that sort of language, as long as it was directed at someone they don't like... say like an accused pedophile.

...Dres

jwenting wrote:

good to see that at least one country takes threats against a person through online services seriously.

Received such threats myself a few years ago when someone didn't like my RP persona in an MMO and decided that was enough reason for OOC action against me and my friends.

Few weeks later a concerted campaign of vandalism against my property (house, car, etc.) and slander against my person started that lasted for several years.

Police never took it serious, never even tried to find the persons responsible. Worse, I never told that person any private details, not even my login name (unlike here, the account name was hidden from other residents/players, only display names were shown), details I later found out he probably got from the game's account servers (turned out one of his close buddies was a former customer service rep for the company, when he got kicked out for much the same thing someone forgot to revoke his access to those servers).

Yes, it is. I don't know and didn't look to see what the Federal statutes are in my country but as I mentioned it is also illegal in my state.

It's a shame the police wouldn't get involved in your case. Vandalism is a real crime, not a virtual one. You did say it was 'a few years ago'; possibly you were dealing with a less than internet-savvy police force. I would hope that in current times your complaint would be taken seriously.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

This isn't dropping an incendiary grenade into a forum....

In today's world one could easily read this^^ as a terrorist threat.  Was it?  Some people would think so.  

I heard some musicians pondering if they would get arrested if they stood out side the White House singing this song today.

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand over your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead.

(I would get arrested for 'pretending to be able to sing')

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

There are some "good" Christians that have been
for years. They can hope and pray as much as they like. Make threats? Different story.

One does not have to be a Christian to wish that he would "go away" just as there are many Christians who support him.

Personally, I wouldn't trust him any more than I would trust Tricky Dicky.

Consider this regarding DOMA and the related issues:

"The president stressed that this is a personal position, and that he still supports the concept of states' deciding the issue on their own."     LINK

While true he stated that it was his "personal position," I thought if something was Unconstitutional on the Federal level, it is Unconstitutional on the State level also. 

Sounds more like political posturing to me than a personal conviction.

While true he stated, "But he said he's confident that more Americans will grow comfortable with gays and lesbians getting married," I don't see his unilateral support for Gay Rights. 

He is an expert at the art of political expediency.

As far as your statement above goes, my POV is that there are people pretending to be Christians who are praying for his death.

Perrie Juran wrote:

One does not have to be a Christian to wish that he would "go away" just as there are many Christians who support him.

I'm well aware.

"The president stressed that this is a personal position, and that he still supports the concept of states' deciding the issue on their own."    

While true he stated that it was his "personal position," I thought if something was Unconstitutional on the Federal level, it is Unconstitutional on the State level also.

It absolutely is. But the Supremes basically punted it back to the states, which are able to define "marriage" as they like (which is or was the position that the President held). But not for long...:smileyhappy:

As far as your statement above goes, my POV is that there are people
pretending
to be Christians who are praying for his death.

Who gets to say who is a Christian and who is not? Those self-proclaimed Christians who would pray for things like the President's death don't seem very "Christian" to me, no. But some of those same self-proclaimed Christians would call gay-friendly Christian congregations "apostate churches" and deny that THEY were truly "Christian".

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I'm well aware.

"The president stressed that this is a personal position, and that he still supports the concept of states' deciding the issue on their own."    

It absolutely is. But the Supremes basically punted it back to the states, which are able to define "marriage" as they like (which is or was the position that the President held). But not for long...:smileyhappy:

As far as your statement above goes, my POV is that there are people
pretending
to be Christians who are praying for his death.

Who gets to say who is a Christian and who is not? Those self-proclaimed Christians who would pray for things like the President's death don't seem very "Christian" to me, no. But some of those same self-proclaimed Christians would call gay-friendly Christian congregations "apostate churches" and deny that THEY were truly "Christian".

agreed

I just don't consider Obama to be the angel some people make him out to be any more than the people who I consider to be pretenders.

But that's just my opinion in the matter.

I consider it one of my duties as an American to never trust politicians. 

Dillon Levenque wrote:

This has nothing whatever to do with SL or the Forum but I believe RL discussions are okay in this section.

I just saw this story online
 and found it interesting. Someone actually is going to jail for online trolling. I personally think it was quite justified. I wondered if a similar thing could  happen in the US, given that our freedom of speach defenses are so stringent and I see that in fact what this person did is illegal here, too (here being California). There are specific condtions, but it can be illegal.

Which is exactly why I never make Real Life Threats. I can be your best friend, a Neutral, or your worst enemy, and when I rage you do not even want to be around me, because I am the type of person who will do whatever it takes to achive the Lulz and mass epic Revenge, however Real Life threats are a different story.

Making Real Life threats from your own PC/IP address is just stupid using a Free WI-FI Location is better, but even then making Real Life threats is not the way to go because if you get caught well you see what happens to you.

There are many things you can do to get revenge over the internet without the need for Real Life threats which would just risk a ban from a forum, or game account at most penalty IP/MAC address block which are both easy to get around.

GothGirl Demonia wrote:

Which is exactly why I never make Real Life Threats. I can be your best friend, a Neutral, or your worst enemy, and when I rage you do not even want to be around me
because I am the type of person who will do whatever it takes to achive the Lulz and mass epic Revenge, however Real Life threats are a different story.

There are many things you can do to get revenge over the internet without the need for Real Life threats
which would just risk a ban from a forum, or game account at most penalty IP/MAC address block which are both easy to get around.

^^ how sweet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.