Sign in to follow this  
Casidei

Help for submissives

sl is a game right?  Yes it's a game.  But the people are real.  The feelings are real.  and when you meet someone with whom you click, it doesn't matter if you're sitting across the table from them or behind a computer screen.  Unfortunately, the disappointments and pain we can experience are also real.  If you need a safe haven, contact me.  If you need help learning about this lifestyle, I can help.  Or maybe you just need someone to be there.  I'd be honored. 

If you're new to the lifestyle, there are things you need to know in order to protect yourself and red flags you need to look for.  If you're not new to the lifestyle...well those of us who have been around can still be hurt.  I'd like to help.  Please send me a notecard inworld.  I'm in sl normally in the evenings but I will make a point to find you if you list your online times in your notecard.

I've created a new account but I've been in sl for almost 7 years and have much experience with helping those in the BDSM, D/s lifestyle.  I'm not trying to make lindens.  I'm just trying to make a difference.

I hope to hear form you.

Casedei

It's only a game if you look at it that way.. Personally I o not view it that was as in a game people can't get their hearts crushed and fall into a deep depression. Or fall in love and meet and get married. SL is a virtual world, where everything that happens in RL can happen here as well. SL is most definitely not a game.

There are hundreds of places within SL to get info on the BD/SM lifestyle. Most are filled with wannbes and power hungry idiots.  Kudos to you for putting yourself out there as someone with knowledge willing to help. :)

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

It's only a game if you look at it that way.. Personally I o not view it that was as in a game people can't get their hearts crushed and fall into a deep depression. Or fall in love and meet and get married. SL is a virtual world, where everything that happens in RL can happen here as well. SL is most definitely not a game.

There are hundreds of places within SL to get info on the BD/SM lifestyle. Most are filled with wannbes and power hungry idiots.  Kudos to you for putting yourself out there as someone with knowledge willing to help.
:)

That's not 100% true drake some mmorpgs allow for in game marraige also people meet and fall in love in those games all all the time. IMO at this point in history any virtual world is a game for all intensive purpases as you are not actually "there". Will that change in the future? Yeah probably look at oculous rift bring us closer to "being there". But for right now it's a game. I think the real issue I have is how people view the term game anyway. It's something you play you're not actually there but in any game where you interect with others the feelings are still there and still valid. Does it make it less of a game? no. Does it being in the context of a game invalidate those feelings? no. I think we need to stop viewing games, videogames inparticular, as some kind of negative. Like games are a childs toy and start viewing them for what they are a form of art.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

There are hundreds of places within SL to get info on the BD/SM lifestyle. Most are filled with wannbes and power hungry idiots.  Kudos to you for putting yourself out there as someone with knowledge willing to help.

That's not 100% true drake some mmorpgs allow for in game marraige also people meet and fall in love in those games all all the time. IMO at this point in history any virtual world is a game for all intensive purpases as you are not actually "there". Will that change in the future? Yeah probably look at oculous rift bring us closer to "being there". But for right now it's a game. I think the real issue I have is how people view the term game anyway. It's something you play you're not actually there but in any game where you interect with others the feelings are still there and still valid. Does it make it less of a game? no. Does it being in the context of a game invalidate those feelings? no. I think we need to stop viewing games, videogames inparticular, as some kind of negative. Like games are a childs toy and start viewing them for what they are a form of art.

Calling Second Life a "game" is a very touchy subject for some people. A lot of people do not consider SL a game (a game has a set objective and rules- SL does not. A game allows to you log off and restart at the same place as before- since SL runs in real time, it does not) and there are some that do (a game is fun, something you play on the computer to pass the time- SL does that.) As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what you call it.

Now...in SL you make relationships, interact with other residents (sometimes in a slexual way), form families, etc. That can sometimes make it very difficult to seperate your RL feelings from your SL life. I think I've related the story of how (with another AV) I was a sub and gave my heart and soul to this Mistress. It ended...and I was sad for quite a long time. Which is part of the reason Tex came into being.

I could be getting off the track (which for me is very probable..and I"m sure someone will point it out) but you just have to be wary of how much you fall into the SL community..becuase, it's possible you could get hurt.

Tex Monday wrote:

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Calling Second Life a "game" is a very touchy subject for some people. A lot of people do not consider SL a game (a game has a set objective and rules- SL does not. A game allows to you log off and restart at the same place as before- since SL runs in real time, it does not) and there are some that do (a game is fun, something you play on the computer to pass the time- SL does that.) As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what you call it.

Now...in SL you make relationships, interact with other residents (sometimes in a slexual way), form families, etc. That can sometimes make it very difficult to seperate your RL feelings from your SL life. I think I've related the story of how (with another AV) I was a sub and gave my heart and soul to this Mistress. It ended...and I was sad for quite a long time. Which is part of the reason Tex came into being.

I could be getting off the track (which for me is very probable..and I"m sure someone will point it out) but you just have to be wary of how much you fall into the SL community..becuase, it's possible you could get hurt.

I suppose what you call it is irrelavent so much as it bothers me that people get offended when you say it's a game because that implies that in more traditional mmos that the people there don't develop emotions for each other ever. People fall in love in MMOs with other players often. They often make close friends with others in MMOs. I have friends who have very close friends they met while playing WoW. To imply that those things can't happen that you can't end up giving you heart and soul to someone in say WoW and then being sad if they left is almost insulting to the people it happens to. IMO ANYTIME there are two human being on either end "game" or no real feelings get involved and those feelings can be very strong. SL isn't really superior to traditional MMOs in this regard at all even though it seems a lot would like to think so.