Linden Viewer and Server Side Baking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

June Oh wrote:

Thank you both. Was just wondering if a change/update of Linden Viewer would be needed today if SSB is switched on as Firestorm people are trying to gain users for it to their viewer today.

For the LL viewer, 3.5.1 is the absolute oldest that will be compatible.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

June Oh wrote:

Thank you both. Was just wondering if a change/update of Linden Viewer would be needed today if SSB is switched on as Firestorm people are trying to gain users for it to their viewer today.

For the LL viewer, 
3.5.1 is the absolute oldest that will be compatible.

and its autoupdate feature ensures you won't be runnng an older version unless you keep clicking "no" to upgrade.

June Oh wrote:

SSB, which actually is now referred to as SSA (Server Side Apearance) by LL is a LL initiative, not a FS initiative.

It's not a matter of them trying to "gain" people for it but that they have been very vocal (maybe more than LL) about it coming.

If you don't upgrade to a supporting Viewer, Avatars will not look right.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/It-s-Time-to-Update-Your-Viewer/ba-p/2067673

Of course, some people would rather fight than switch.

Maelstrom Janus wrote:

Lets reserve judgment on that shall we...right now none of the viewers Im using seems to be doing a good job...

Well I share your sentiments.  Somebody said, "Lucky you" to LeTigre residents earlier, which I thought should rather have been "Good luck LeTigre".

Sy Beck wrote:

Because it has only been rolled out to LeTigre sims so far and I guess you may not be on one of those sims or visited one yet.

A friend says she been there and was ok.

How do I get to Le Tigre sims please to see for myself?

June Oh wrote:

Sy Beck wrote:

Because it has only been rolled out to LeTigre sims so far and I guess you may not be on one of those sims or visited one yet.

A friend says she been there and was ok.

How do I get to Le Tigre sims please to see for myself?

There is a huge list of LeTigre SIMs in this thread.

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to repost.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2013-07-08/td-p/2074931

Now yes, SSB arrived on le Tigre yesterday and I had to update, since my wife was looking all grey... no problems with FS 4.4.2, apart the tedious ceremony of clean install.

No improvements either... now I see all AVs grey for a good while when I tp to another place.. now when I look blurred, I can't rebake... My laptop is powerful, but my broadband is not... I am tempted to say 'all that for that ?' since previous baking system might have falied sometimes, but this one lags everytime it seems. I'm curious to know about others feedbacks ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.