For Hippo users, do someone know if there is a limit in how may items you can have in your servers?

Lutricia Roux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've not encountered an upper limit however I personally have never had more that 75 items in my HippoGROUP variant Server. Here is the info from the Wiki:

Inventory

• Maximum number of inventory items that can be sent in a folder:42
    • Folders count as items too. This has more to do with packet size limits than cheeky Douglas Adams references.
  • Maximum number of inventory items that can be contained in a prim: None, but more items increase the loading time when you open it.
  • Maximum characters in an inventory item name: 63
  • Maximum notecard line: None, but scripts can only read the first 255 bytes.
  • Maximum notecard size: 65,536 bytes
  • Number of items in the Library: 1,248 as of 2010-06-17
  • Number of items in the Library:2,210 as of 2012-11-04
  • Maximum number of inventory items Displayed in an Inventory Folder:Approximately 10,000.
    • This was discussed during [1] "the folder will load up to the limit number of items, and remaining ones won't show up in the viewer. you still own then, they aren't lost, but they will be hidden until the folder size is reduced."

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I've not encountered an upper limit however I personally have never had more that 75 items in my HippoGROUP variant Server. Here is the info from the Wiki:

Inventory

• Maximum number of inventory items that can be sent in a folder:42
    • Folders count as items too. This has more to do with packet size limits than cheeky Douglas Adams references.
  • Maximum number of inventory items that can be contained in a prim: None, but more items increase the loading time when you open it.
  • Maximum characters in an inventory item name: 63
  • Maximum notecard line: None, but scripts can only read the first 255 bytes.
  • Maximum notecard size: 65,536 bytes
  • Number of items in the Library: 1,248 as of 2010-06-17
  • Number of items in the Library:2,210 as of 2012-11-04
  • Maximum number of inventory items Displayed in an Inventory Folder:Approximately 10,000.
    • This was discussed during [1] "the folder will load up to the limit number of items, and remaining ones won't show up in the viewer. you still own then, they aren't lost, but they will be hidden until the folder size is reduced."

• Like 1

There is an upper limit on prim object storage in SL so that would be the limiting factor. Although I'm not sure what the upper limit is. OK - I posted the Wiki limits information so there is no upper limit. Although there is a limit as to how many will be displayed of 10K - I can't even imagine trying to scroll thru 10k worth of items in the Contents tab. Thus why we tend to use scripted management systems like HippoINVENTORY when doing massive amounts of storage..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.