Is this a valid warning?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got this warning a few days ago also. At that time the item was listed on marketplace. I see that it no longer is. I am curious what the lack of a listing indicates. Anyone know?

Also I did read the other thread about the testing with the band. Between that thread and this one, There is one thought I have that no one mentioned. Can the object itself be blocked/muted in a person's block list? Or perhaps the script? This would of course require having the specific object name, which I am not sure would always be available.

Perrie Juran wrote:

There is no way for us to know why an item has been 'delisted,'  whether LL did  it or the Merchant.

When the function was tested way back when, Muting did not disable it.

Ah ok. I didn't think that was one of the things tried. I was watching for it as I read through the thread. ..But Im a little tired :)

One can hope it was taken down to put in a better warning or something, I don't know. I do see the value in something like that as some subs actually want the master to prove control. Other's just feel like its total grief. I would think refusal of a sincere request to be removed from the hud would give validity to an AR, especialy if the person was indeed tricked into it.

Edit: I did see where he tested muting the avatar that has the hud on. I just didn't see where muting the hud as an object was tested. You can mute objects. I once had to mute a car stuck on someone's simline close to my home. It had the engine going for months before someone responded tot he AR and deleted it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.