SL websites and adblocker +

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ninjafoo Ng wrote:

With ad blocker plus on chrome, right click the icon, pick options. Untick "
Allow some non-intrusive advertising
".

This resolved all my problems blocking adverts on SecondLife.com domains.

I had reported earlier that I was having no problems. Then it all went blank. I sent problem reports for about 30 pages on SL to ad blocker, don't know what good that will do. Then I went to SLUniverse and found the same answer you have, it is working. Thank The FSM for SLUniverse.

Before I started using ad block I would see ads for what I searched for on the MP. I was looking for a corset one day for my avatar and sure enough ads for RL corsets showed up. The only reason it caught my eye is because I know I have never searched for a corset in for RL, and to have the ad come up as soon as I looked on the market place was interesting. So your fantasy life/Second Life is what is guiding the RL ads, I think for most people that will amount to zero RL sales. I don't think the people spending money for ads understand where they are advertising. But then in the good ol USA all those ad dollars are most likely tax deductible for {gets on one knee and bows head} Corporations. So its most likely free money for them, and one sale is good enough.

Here's what I've found. If you go into the options and then to filter prefereces, you'll see the checkbox to allow some non-intrusive adds is on by default. If you uncheck that so Addblocker blocks everything, suddenly the SL pages load. I have no idea why but this is really strange behavior. Then again it is LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.