Gangs in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After this thread came up.. I did find the gangs and was accepted into them.. For years and years I researched and stayed under cover.. It was hard at first, but after learning the signs, it was so much easier to go even deeper under cover..

So if anyone is interested.. These are the signs you will need to learn to venture into the world of gang life in second life..

I finally left after many many years of gang life after this thread.. But just can't let all those years of research  go to waste that was inspired from this thread..

So here you go future gang bangers..

23065363aa54c5fc10c8223d3557fc16.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, Joker Terasaur said:

I have had a gang in SL for the passed three years, but we're not trouble-makers.  We're actually against griefing/bullying.  We will, however strike if someone messes with family or friends.  Now, as far as criminal activity, unless the activity violates TOS, yes, it's purely RP.

The post might be a necro, but I still had to quote it so that everyone could get a good laugh today. 

The bolded part is absolutely hilarious in SL and definitely means "My family, friends, and I are all drama llamas"

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

LL needs to poke Invision and see if they can addon that auto lock after a certain date feature.    It's a very useful tool to stop people from dragging up old topics.

Nah, let the meatballs embarrass themselves for not paying attention to the last date post.

The way I find out if a thread is this old. I always forget to check the date. But as I scan the posts and see certain names, the brain will pause, confused, and wonder, "What? Oh crap. Are they back to posting? SIGH" and then I look at the date. Whew. Yay. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

There is a clear warning when you view an old thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

mmhmm. Sadly it doesn't state that after the first person resurrects the darn thing. I know I'm not the only one who stumbles into these things...

• Like 2

On 7/4/2013 at 7:11 AM, Ricky40 said:

If there are gangs, how does one spot them and what should we watch out for? What kind of stuff do they do?

I would stay miles away from them, if I were you, but if you really mush know, you can usually recognize them by their nerdy hipster outfits. They talk a lot about indie music and discuss the current avocado import tariff crisis. 

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
Oh, God, 2013. I'm so sorry!
  • Haha 3

On 9/15/2020 at 5:45 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

The post might be a necro, but I still had to quote it so that everyone could get a good laugh today. 

The bolded part is absolutely hilarious in SL and definitely means "My family, friends, and I are all drama llamas"

giphy.gif

Actually, if I see this line in someones profile, the urge to "mess with their family" starts to rise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still a valid question the answer to which might help those with no online experience understand better how SL works .

Yes there are gangs but not in the conventional sense , if you add 10 "friends" in your first couple of weeks then its likely 7 of them are all the same person using alternative logins . Some just want to help and guide and others only want to make you miserable , the latter usually have a number of assistants who play the same game .

Mind games and manipulation is a sport in SL and the latter have infinite patience because to them you are just another pawn in a never ending game .

Read between the lines written in almost every profile that contains any information at all , be it ridiculous optimism , "i don't care" , or an open admission that they been hurt before . Each reflects a different way of dealing with hurt . Nobody was ever hurt by an act or attack from a random stranger ........... nobody is more likely to stab you in the back than a "friend" .

Understand that and you can play safe and have fun .

Edited by cunomar
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, cunomar said:

Still a valid question the answer to which might help those with no online experience understand better how SL works .

Yes there are gangs but not in the conventional sense , if you add 10 "friends" in your first couple of weeks then its likely 7 of them are all the same person using alternative logins . Some just want to help and guide and others only want to make you miserable , the latter usually have a number of assistants who play the same game .

Mind games and manipulation is a sport in SL and the latter have infinite patience because to them you are just another pawn in a never ending game .

Read between the lines written in almost every profile that contains any information at all , be it ridiculous optimism , "i don't care" , or an open admission that they been hurt before . Each reflects a different way of dealing with hurt . Nobody was ever hurt by an act or attack from a random stranger ........... nobody is more likely to stab you in the back than a "friend" .

Understand that and you can play safe and have fun .

And I thought I was cynical

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 1:22 PM, Joker Terasaur said:

I have had a gang in SL for the passed three years, but we're not trouble-makers.  We're actually against griefing/bullying.  We will, however strike if someone messes with family or friends.  Now, as far as criminal activity, unless the activity violates TOS, yes, it's purely RP.

Look, the reason why people laugh at the bolded part (rightfully, I might add), is simply because - yeah you can't. You're rather impotent in that matter. Your options are: Mute a person. Bann a person from your land. Grief a person (which would open YOU up to AR and the consequences thereof, so not a clever idea), gossip and slander like a lil' schoolgirl.
The first two are the only options worth it. You use them, and move on with your virtual lifes. That's what adults do.

• Like 3

Two pages in and seven years later I can't believe no one has ACTUALLY ANSWERED THE QUESTION! Sheez. LMFIFY

Of COURSE you can find gags in SL! They are everywhere! The easiest way to find them is to go to the Marketplace, type "bdsm gags" into your search field, making sure you have your settings set to adult. Boom! Select 'avatar accessories' and you'll find more gags than you can shake a flogger at. There are all sizes and styles, for all species. Here's an affordable example.  Easy peasy. If you want to avoid them, don't enable RLV.

image.png.0d1ccbac484a481f71d882680f903baf.png

ETA: Hm. I may have misread the OP. :::goes to clean glasses:::

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.