Normal & Spec maps won't match diffuse when editing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I uploaded a model and had to slightly adjust my diffuse texture inworld to look correct on the face I was applying it to.  I adjusted the horizontal and vertical scales of the diffuse texture and changed the horizontal and verticl offsets too.  Obviously the normal and spec maps were now out of alignment with the diffuse so I then inputted the same values I had with the diffuse thinking that this was the quickest and most obvious fix.

However, every time I adjust their values and close the edit panel the vertical offset values of the normal and spec change.  Their other values that I inputted stick, but the vertical offset refuses to stick at the value that I give it.

So is this a bug, is there an alternative correct way to do this or do I have to rescale the diffuse, norm and spec again in PS?

Thanks in advance for any info.

TatianaDokuchic Varriale wrote:

I believe that "the vertical offset refuses to stick" is a bug.

It's happened to me and others have also commented on it.

I was wondering,  is your vertical offset a negative number?

Well done smarty :smileyhappy:  Works perfectly now, thanks for the quick reply.

Sy Beck wrote:

TatianaDokuchic Varriale wrote:

I believe that "the vertical offset refuses to stick" is a bug.

It's happened to me and others have also commented on it.

I was wondering,  is your vertical offset a negative number?

Well done smarty :smileyhappy:  Works perfectly now, thanks for the quick reply.

Oh good!  Glad it worked :)

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Flip has gone, which viewer were you using it or did you just flip it by removing the minus sign?

I was merely being flippant with the English language.  What I meant was that I would flip it (re-align it) using a positive value rather than the negative one.  :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.