non-payment of a confirmed delivery of a product

Dhyana Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is really disconcerting now is that some items are moving to the front in the Relevance search and I have no record anywhere that they ever sold. Hopefully the sorting function is just messed up for Relevance.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh! I am so frustrated!i spent a few days collecting coins and jewels to be able to get 20L to be able to upload some textures so I could release my first 2 items...2 days after my items were listed, I got an e-mail saying i had actually SOLD something.... I excitedly logged into SL to work on making something else....and I have no lindens. Im so angry- to go from one high of actually selling something, feeling proud, to feeling like id been punched in the GUT cause LL cant fix thier crap...its only 300L.... but I was SO PROUD of those 300l :(

Amelia Rembrandt wrote:

ugh! I am so frustrated!i spent a few days collecting coins and jewels to be able to get 20L to be able to upload some textures so I could release my first 2 items...2 days after my items were listed, I got an e-mail saying i had actually SOLD something.... I excitedly logged into SL to work on making something else....and I have no lindens. Im so angry- to go from one high of actually selling something, feeling proud, to feeling like id been punched in the GUT cause LL cant fix thier crap...its only 300L.... but I was SO PROUD of those 300l
:(

I'm so sorry you experienced this with your very first sales.  I recall how excited I was when I sold the first item I offered for sale, iirc it was a 30L item but the excitement was the same as if it had been 3,000L. 

Unfortunately I guess will go the other way, people will buy more in the MP if its free for them, unless we really plan into pulling everything out from MP which I don't believe many will want to do. My JIRA was closed as 'duplicate' my CS tickets were closed as "file a JIRA" so its circular, and I don't see in my near future LL is paying us as they said in a previous message here.

I spotted this issue for the first time on June 27th. I reached LL for help, n as a matter of fact they paid me n asked me if there's anything else they'd like to help me. This problem escalated after that day, many other merchants having the same issue started appearing on forums, n LL closed my 'duplicated' case asking me for patience. I assumed they were having a customer service meltdown or something.

So I know for a fact they're working on it n they're not intentionally screwing us up. I can see them paying us off within a month because they're usually very helpful when it comes to problems. At least for me. And Today, the issue didn't happen, which is a good sign. 

HisaDrug wrote:

So I know for a fact they're working on it n they're not intentionally screwing us up. I can see them paying us off within a month because they're usually very helpful when it comes to problems. At least for me. And Today, the issue didn't happen, which is a good sign. 

Yes, they're intentionally screwing their customers up, although possibly not with that specific intent. When users have been telling them for their entire history that the level of bugs are due to either incompetent development or more importantly inadequate testing before they release something and they refuse to correct their methodology at the expense of trust and stability, it might as well be intentional.

The decision to not test better is an intentional one.

The decision to not test better and to use the community as free labor to test software inadequately tested by LL developers is an intentional one.

This opinion is not only shared by many users, but also ex Linden employees as can be see from comments on sites like glassdoor.com

Like I'd said elsewhere, a small bank in Podunk can manage transactions without these kind of problems, as do the vast majority of sales sites and RL businesses.

Their development methodology and decision to release potentially buggy software into production is very much intentional.

If they tested better, while it costs them less initially, costs everyone more in the long run. It is an utterly amateur way to handle a product that handles peoples funds and erodes trust, which is the most important factor in an ecommerce environment.

And, if it were RL, would probably be violating a consumer law or three.

Good question. Personally I've been trying to be blunt and honest in an opinion without being inciteful toward any particular action except for expressing customer angst.

I do however try to be active in the larger picture, which is that government needs to treat virtual currency with the same regulations as real currency. To me at least, virtual currency exploits financial loopholes and has little accountability to consumers. I try to keep that somewhat outside of LL and SL, although they make that really difficult at times when LL makes such a fine example on why it needs regulation. So far we can point at Bitcoin as the primary example.

Problem is that Phil Rosedale is attempting a next-gen SL and planning on copying Bitcoin "mining" with L$, so they may end up putting themselves right into the middle of that particular fray.

Then there's legal action, which is a mostly unspoken one and rediculous that it needs to be considered when LL could just bear more responsibility for how they handle funds.

Or trying to promote more in-world sales.

Third party marketplaces unfortunately aren't much of an option, as it's hard to compete with LL on having direct access to L$ and integrated promotion of the SL marketplace. We were much less prone to these types of bugs with independent marketplaces, though and a slew of better features.

Or boycott, which really isn't in anyones best interests to lose money for the sake of protest, when that money is sorely needed by some merchants.

Or doing what we're trying to do here, which is to bang your head against the wall trying to get them to see what a huge burden their mistakes put on their customers (merchants in particular), and that they need to treat merchants products and funds (which don't belong to LL) with the same respect that they treat their own products.

This latter is a 3 year battle that only makes minimal headway. Contacting the CEO and getting Rods attention here in the forums didn't seem to do much good.

Some areas seem to be improved like server side development and possibly the viewer. The marketplace though, still reeks of incompetence and disrespect to customers and the reselling of their goods.

It'll improve at some point, whether by LL's doing or by regulation, regardless. At this point, the ball is in management and the commerce teams court.

So we just rant on, I suppose and expect them to listen to their customers.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Or boycott, which really isn't in anyones best interests to lose money for the sake of protest, when that money is sorely needed by some merchants.

It seems strange to worry about losing money from a company that is already keeping our money longer than any settlement period allowed by law. At this point, I'm thinking less about boycotts and more about filing a complaint with the FTC.

Please do. I haven't lost much $ but reading everyone else's posts just saddens me and makes me furious!

This has to be highly illegal. This has been going on for 2 weeks now. They are STEALING money. And the lack of responses by them makes it even worse and more sketchy.

They should have at least one or two designated personnel checking the forums.

They probably do.. and I bet you both of them are sitting back in their nice comfy office chair that has built in seat coolers and warmers in them. They have their feet propped up on their desks leaned back with their hands behind their heads, reading and laughing, smiling at eachother while they notice their linden piling up by the second.

I hope they get caught before leaving the country.  And I hope they both drop the soap.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.