non-payment of a confirmed delivery of a product

Dhyana Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That`s what you get for relying on an unreliable service

With all the issue`s reported over time, i`m curious how much money was pocketed of merchants who didn`t pay attention.
Care to share some statistics about that Commerce Team? heh

I won`t go into "updates" just befor holidays that made merchants lose money due to bugs, that`s an entire different story...
Does no one get the clue to leave the marketplace alone one to two weeks befor major holidays and do major updates right after, and by that i don`t mean on a friday with no one around for 2 days till monday, but say from monday to thursday?

Probably it`s just me...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an email from LL stating that there was a bug and they they would be crediting merchants,

"I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the technical issue that you are having on the Second Life Marketplace web site.

The Marketplace Team is aware of this issue and they are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible and get affected Merchants credited.

If you wish to communicate directly with the Marketplace Team you may create a Second Life Jira Bug Report"

OMG for me to do a report on missed sales i would be doing it for the next 2 weeks, i wouldnt even know where to start :(

I have hundreds of missed transactions since this started and still going.  This is sad.

I wonder if i didnt pay my tier would LL wait for me to receive the lost revenue from the Market Place?

I just hope they  fix this soon :(

:smileymad: asking myself the same questions, it keeps happening, so I have a long list of non paid items as of today. I filed a Jira , bug report, and will keep opening customer service tickets, is not possible that they simply say they can't do anything about it, but keep the L$ because customers are saying they were charged.

What's funny is I sometimes sell stuff on an alt on the MP.  And I have it set to 100% distribution to my main avi which is this one. It's been working fine for a good year or so now.  So I file a Jira

They are telling me that there's no way to even set a 100% distribution that it must be a bug and that is why I am not receiving linden of those transactions because I have it set to 100% (which they say is not possible to do so)

My main has ALWAYS received 100% of the sale of my alts' MP items.    So they obviously don't even know how their own system works and are just BSing their way through it.  To me that is unprofessional and they really should look for another job and get some people in to work on this ''project'' that actually knows what they are doing and what they are talking about. lol

Just my 2 cents rant

I'm missing at least 2 payments from the marketplace, maybe not as much as others but it takes time to look into. The order item numbers on the marketplace orders are not the same as the ones in the SL transaction history for example.

I've been though the usual process of logging support issues followed by logging a bug as advised by the support.

What I was wondering is will they work out all the amounts that need reimbursing (kitty wonders optimistically) or maybe we have to do all the reconciliation and tell them what's missing for verification by those lovely people at the Labs?

I have also noticed two orders from today and yesterday that I did not recieve payment for. Way to screw the pooch LL. 

I went on a copy-paste rampage and put a notice in my MP listings asking customers to just buy items one at a time until the issue is resolved. Hopefully that will catch a few at least.

I find when my account balance disappears from the MP upper right hand corner (which it does multiple times daily since this conversion), that's when the failures occur to credit my account. Could very easily be coincidence.  When I do see this happen (the blank $L), I buy a freebie/demo of some sort - that immediately restores the $L balance on the page - and "seems" to prevent the failures. Totally unscientific and most likely just my hope to avoid the failures.  And, there's no way to keep looking back at the MP page every hour to see if the balance has once again gone missing without driving yourself nuts.

Anyway, for what it's worth, thought I would share...

Edited - well, based on the fact that I have yet another non-payment of a confirmed delivery of a product, this little trick was just hopeful thinking on my part. The one thing that is consistent though is the missing L$ balance from the MP page.

Are things going slowing worse? On the MP store that sell RP stuff (managed by my business partner) there are two missed payement on 05 July, and today already three.

The modern MP store has instead 2 missing transaction on dashboard on the 7/6, and other 2 the previous day. They were all demos, 0 linden, so no loss there... but their transactions was supposed to show anyway. 

This is going to cost a lot to merchants, surely in time spent to double check transactions and in pills to keep pressure under control... 

Since July 1, I have a big problem on market place, I sell items, the money must be returned in two avatars that serve banks, so I configured in the commission box to partner 100%, I proceed like this for months, since July 1, when you changed payment systems I think I get more money from my sales or my partner ... I want to know where my money's gone, it's outrageous, I work for nothing for a week. is a lot of work, where's my money? M Neither they nor I receive money from my sales. I want my money back.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Please see
for my thoughts on this error and how it should be fixed.

*Hugs* Darrius, just because.

So far I haven't noticed any non-payments on confirmed deliveries but lately people seem to be purchasing items from me one at a time rather than using the shopping cart.  Anytime I ever had any delivery issues was always when a customer put a lot of items from different merchants in the shopping cart, then checked out.  I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the current issue.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

So far I haven't noticed any non-payments on confirmed deliveries but lately people seem to be purchasing items from me one at a time rather than using the shopping cart.  Anytime I ever had any delivery issues was always when a customer put a lot of items from different merchants in the shopping cart, then checked out.  I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the current issue.

Compare your Marketplace Transaction History (from the Merchant Home Page select Orders > Transaction History) against the main SL Transaction History. Every purchase documented on the Marketplace Transaction History should have a corresponding entry on the main SL Transaction History. If you find one that doesn't appear on the main Transaction History then you're a victim of this latest "failure".

Czari Zenovka wrote:

*Hugs* Darrius, just because.

Thank you. *hugzback*

Czari, I've had failures for single item in cart and for multiple items in cart. I've had failures for people who send to themselves, and for people who are gifting. I've had failures for people who put 2 items from my store in their cart - one gets credited, the other does not. The bug has the potential to affect any transaction regardless of cart size or recipient.

3 more orders already today unpaid...

And it's like pulling teeth matching up SLM orders with Transaction History after the fact...

Thanks for the extra work, CTL... gonna be fun going through the last week of orders seeing what I didn't get paid for.

BTW, WTF!!?!!!? UGH.

ETA:  Just went through my transactions... 28 orders missing starting on 6/27.  It increased a lot the last couple days, almost like whatever "bug" this is was somehow getting more courageous.  The last few missing transactions have been much higher L amounts too. 

OzwellWayfarer wrote:

lost two more orders this morning. One fairly big one for 3000L. 

One more and I will be withdrawing my products from the marketplace until I hear the issue is resolved.

Here is our winner, Oz, your the smartest of the bunch :P

The MP will never be fixed aslong as "they" are still running it and do major updates on a broken system with bugs going back along time

That they are closing jira`s now as dupes while telling every one to open one must say how many people are filing jira`s and how wide spread it is.

Thanks for all the fish, but this MP boat has sank.

Good luck to all the merchants with the meltdown in the coming year, these bugs go from annoying to disaster in a steady pace.

Wish every one would stop wasting their time with that unreliable service and help the inworld economy back up, we (people) would even have more money to spend without the 5% commission to finance this incompitence (wishful thinking)

haha, thanks Alicia, I have a feeling you are correct about this not going away soon. I didn't sign up to SL to be a glorified freebie vendor, and I don't see them fixing this, so now I am considering what to do next. I hope you are correct and we see an in-world shopping renaissance. merchants will have to lead the way on that though.

I would definitely encourage people to consider de-listing if we don't see some speedy resolution (yeah, right.) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.