non-payment of a confirmed delivery of a product

Dhyana Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I've been having the same issue since about 3-4 days ago. I opened a ticket n LL explained that the issue appears to be common at this point. I hope they'll fix the problem as soon as possible. 

I noticed one thing though. When Marketplace suddenly fails to show your L$ balance on the top bar, that's where you can expect payment failure. I noticed this twice n it corresponds with the same payment receiving issue. Also in the other thread someone mentioned the constant disconnection inworld n I think it's kinda related as well.  

So far I'm seeing emails come through that don't appear on my transaction history for demos and freebies only, so fortunately I haven't missed payments...but I worry that it's only a matter of time. I've only noticed it in the past two or three days. Something seems to be up with the marketplace, so keep an eye out.

If this happens, file a bug report. I also had it happen and contacted Support. They are unable to do anything to help and advised that the Commerce Team needs the Bug Reports (even if they are duplicates) to see how widespread the issue is.

For reference, here are other threads where this issue has been discussed:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Head-s-Up-Check-your-transactions-on-Dashboard-to-make-sure-you/m-p/2061345#U2061345

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/New-Payment-System-Questions/td-p/2061429/page/2

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/New-Marketplace-Issue/td-p/2061831

Edited to add: And I just had another one with failure of payment

I'm having the very same issue when the item purchased from my store is part of an order, presumably placed with multiple sellers.  Single purchases are fine, (so far).

It looks as though the distribution of funds on a multi-seller order has gone awry.

Bug report filed as Support suggested.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Not to me but I have seen posts about it on this forum.   Don't expect to be paid.  LL will just send you a message to contact the customer for the payment.  They take no responsibility.

This is ridicilous, how can they not take responsibility for a system they are in charge for and is apparantly not working?

I went back 3 days and checked again, mine are okay for those days.

Here's the thing.

Altho most merchants do not know about this bug and may not routinely cross-check, of those that do, many will cross check.  And if the bug persists, word will get out and that will mean more on board with routinely checking.

I can't begin to calculate the cumulative hours of work that has to be devoted to this. When I think of all the hours that I have had to spend checking and fixing and filing bug and support tickets because someone else did not do his job properly --- well, I just really do not like being forced into the role of unpaid beta tester. I have to test my own products myself; I think the LL devs might look into testing theirs. 

Arwen Serpente wrote:

I heard back from Support and they said the Commerce team is working on it and the credits back to the affected accounts. We'll have to wait and see
if
they do reimburse us (those affected), but it sounded as if they will.

Thank you for sharing the information, that sounds a bit more reasonable.

Yes, it happened to me, I sold 2 products in July 1 and 2 and I have not been paid. I checked the Marketplace Transactions History and the products were delivered normally, but no linden in my account. I opened a ticket, they said they would fix... Today I sold 3 more products and still not receiving payment.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Since it's a holiday falling on a Thursday, I suspect many LL employees are making a long holiday weekend of it. I doubt there will be a fix in place until next week (if we are lucky and they can figure out what's going wrong).

Ohhhh I suspect this is one of those things that will take a long, long, long time to fix. 

That's why they are telling people to file JIRAs instead of support tickets. They are not going to be able to fix it so they will have to just refund case by case and hope that only a few merchants notice the problem.

I had two sales today with that issue. I only realized about it, because it was semi exclusive items. I do know the costumers did paid, i even saw their account and transaccion history. I dont understand were the money goes :( so frustrating. This bug costed me 12k only in a day, i dont even want to see if there were other sales before that went trough the same same. I filed a ticket, but they told me I have to wait 24 hours for them to consider do something aboit it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.