My avatar randomly became a cloud and I can't fix it.

SergeiDvoraka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I spent most of the day picking new shape/skin/hair/clothes for my avatar . There were no problems at all during the process. Maybe 2 hours after, I TP to go to work and he's a cloud. I waited for about 30 minutes and nothing changed. 

I cleared my cache, tried editing his appearance, rebaked over a half hour period, tried to revert him back to a basic avatar, tried dragging clothes from inventory onto him, logged off and relogged. It's my first time actually spending money IRL on the game and now I can't even see what I've bought. :/

I've followed all of the steps on the sites that I've found to help fix it, but nothing's helping. Is there anything I can do?

(If it helps, I don't use Phoenix or anything. I just use the SL Viewer for Mac. I've tried to use the other viewers, but the same thing happens.)

2 answers to this question

Have a read of this link and see if you've tried everything http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/phoenix:bake_fail (applies to all viewers not just Phoenix).

Try also changing one at a time and not by dragging a folder of items onto your avatar:

1. Bald base

2. Shape

3. Skin

4. Eyes

It's happened to me that neither a character test nor dragging a folder with a default avatar onto mine (both of which changed the eyes) failed to resolve the cloud issue but changing eyes separately worked instantly. What works for one person may not work for you and what works for you this time may not work if it ever happens again. Don't forget to check your internet connection too. Soon bake fails like this will be a thing of the past when Linden Lab changes to server side baking on the 9th July. 

Same thing happend to me other Second Life avatars can see you the same as you were. Insted of downloading anything if you dont want to you can wear another skin, because you cant remove skin, and simply put on your old one.

Hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.