Issues on actual SL Website? Help Please.

VidaPaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else experience the issue of when you go on the actual site and go to your dashboard, that nothing loads in regards to Friend's list, Linden Exchange and groups? All I see is a circle going round and round and it won't let me buy linden, or see any information. I have tried clearing my history. Signing back in and out again. And nothing. It's frustrating because I want to buy linden! This has been an issue for me on and off through out my week every week for about a month now!

I haven't had any particular issue with the dashboard but I don't go there too often. I have lots of issues with the profile's social stream at my.secondlife.com: page not loading, very slow posting, etc. I would think that your problems are related and not unusual and that LL's web side performance is really bad.

I have this happen occasionally.

I can't think of an incident that wasn't fixed either by refreshing the page or closing and restarting my browser.

There are some people who think the design for the SL Website (meaning the coding under the hood), is not the best in the world.  I don't see where LL has much incentive to fix it.

Hiya Vida,

I use Firefox with a couple of addons that restrict advertisements, javascript, and flash..

When I don't permit the Second Life website permission to use certain functions I also get the perpetual loading circles..

But I've still always been able to buy $L..

Anyways, you might want to take a look at your web browser addons to see if they might be denying access to things..

Hope that helps. :)

and also, I mainly wanted to say that, the new update to go with the server side baking doesn't feel like an update. I want the old look and functionality with the server side baking. I want group chats and private chats to open up in separate windows by themselves and be able to have many open in little boxes like the previous viewer version, but still have server side baking. they should have left the way the chats worked alone and only added the new baking.

Hiya NteazR,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the website.  Disable all your web browser addons and try again.  If the problem persists, try using a different web browser.  Some common browsers are:

Google Chrome

Firefox

and of course, Internet Explorer

If you're experiencing the same problem in all of the browsers, then I'm not really sure what to tell you... other then maybe file a support ticket with Linden Labs... :(

When posting odd problems like this in a forum, for others to be able to really help you and get an accurate idea of what could possibly be causing the problems, a person should include information like what web browser they are currently using (and what version), their operating system, and any additional addons running in the web browser that could be affecting the way things appear on the site itself.

If it were me expericing an odd problem like that -- using different browsers and disabling my addons would be the first thing I tried as I look for the problem.  Beyond that I would move over to my Netbook to see if I experience the same problems there and beyond that then move to my Smartphone.  If I experience the same problems on all my devices then I can begin to think the problem may be on the server side and not on my local side.. but if all my devices work and my PC doesn't then you've at least narrowed the problem down a little bit.

As for server side baking, that's completely off topic... this thread is about the website. :)  A forums search about server side baking should reveal other proper threads to post your complaint in.

Hope this helps!  Good luck. :)

Hallo Vida!

It is recommended to use Opera browser on secondlife.com, Internet Explorer is especially not compatible with most of the SL website. Also ensure Javascript is allowed to run (you can test Javascript is allowed by your browser/network here), and that your PC is capable of reacting to AJAX calls (as this is how the 'circle going round and round' responds).

Javascript can often be limited by browser add-ons, I do not recommend using any such add-on if you are unable to determine where this will damage your browsing experience. Also if you are using Second Life on a network not controlled by you (at work, school/college/university and etc.) then it is also common that Javascript is blocked at the server level.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Hallo Vida!

It is recommended to use
browser on secondlife.com, Internet Explorer is especially
not
compatible with most of the SL website.

That's complete nonsense. I have used Internet Explorer (as I am using right now) and it works fine with all parts of the Secondlife.com Websites.

I've had issue (mabye this past week, but never before that). I'm running Firefox - as it turned out telling AdBlock to allow ad's for the second life website seems to solve the issues I've had.  (I had page load, then as soon as it was loading the ad's it would blank out the whole page and look like it was still loading, but never continue).  I've never had it happen like this before, so I'll assume LL made some most annoying changes as I've always used Firefox and with the AdBlock plugin without any problems anywhere including LL's website(s).

Motor Loon wrote:

I've had issue (mabye this past week, but never before that). I'm running Firefox - as it turned out telling AdBlock to allow ad's for the second life website seems to solve the issues I've had.  .

Saw this mentioned on another website, someone said unticking "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" it works too, I think that's a new feature that has been added to adblock, I don't use it myself but saw the discussion elsewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.