New Marketplace Issue?

Whales Spot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A customer recently accidentally placed two orders from my marketplace outcoming 225L each. He was charged for both, so I should have received the 450L. I noticed this almost immediately and refunded him the 225L. I then noticed that my lindens were lower than before the whole transaction even occured. I decided to check my transaction page on the secondlife website and it only showed the transaction occuring once, but on my marketplace order history, it clearly shows two. Could this be an issue with the new marketplace? And if so, it seems like a pretty damaging one.

Pictures attached for clarity.

Pic of Marketplace Orders

Pic of Trsnaction History

Whales, I had a non-payment issue last night - the transaction appears in the MP transactions, however, it was not credited to my account (does not appear on my Dashboard and has not been added to my L$ total).

While your issue is a bit different - double purchase by the customer (which seems to be happening to a lot of people right now - the Answers section has quite a few reports of double charging) - the fact that your account has not been properly updated/credited is similar to my situation.

I contacted Support this morning about it. They said file a Bug Report (which I did). You should file a Bug Report so they know that there are a variety of accounting issues with the new system.

Arwen, I'm having the same problem as Whale.  I received an e-mail telling me I'd had a sale on the Marketplace, but I noticed my In-World Cash amount hadn't appeared to change, so I went to view my Transactions, and there was nothing there either.  I'm ashamed to say I have no idea where to report a bug, so if you would be so kind to walk an old timer through it, I would be eternally grateful!

Hi Penny, here's the info on how to file a bug report:

~ Prepare your backup first (so you have it handy and can attach it to the bug report): For this situation, grab a download or screenshot of your Dashboard transactions (where the transaction fails to appear and your account has not been credited), and, grab the details of the transaction from the MP Transaction History or MP Reports -> Orders (so that you have the Order number, name of customer, name of item, amount paid, and delivery status).

~ Go to https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

In the upper right hand corner you will be able to log in (if you aren't already). Once you are logged in, in that same upper right hand corner is a "+ Create Issue" link.  Click on that and the system will start to walk you through entering the information.

Here's the link to the Wiki with additional info: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Bug_Tracker

Once the report is created, I always bookmark it so I can go back and see the status or make updates to it.  Then, it is up to the Commerce Team to "triage" the bug - you'll get an email when they change the status. Don't worry if they close it due to duplication - the way the Bug Reports work now doesn't let any other resident see, comment on, or vote/watch the JIRA you create, so everyone has to do their own.  Support said that they watch to see how many bug reports are filed for an issue to assess how widespread it is.

Here's what I wrote in my Bug Report as an example for you:

Steps to Reproduce

Checking my Dashboard transactions

Actual Behavior

Marketplace delivered an item from my store. My Account has NOT been paid even though the confirmation email was received and the MP transaction history shows the order as delivered and paid for. My Dashboard does NOT show any entry at all for this transaction.

{I entered the MarketPlace Transaction/Order number/Detail here}

Expected Behavior

I expect to be paid by the Marketplace/Commerce Linden/Currency Linden

Other information

This is a very serious failure in the financial system.

{I attached my Dashboard transactions for the day at the end so that they could see there was no credit to my account.}

I hope that helps!

Thanks SO  much, Arwen.  I filed a customer support ticket, but of course its not their problem to handle.  Why oh why did Linden Labs have to improve the Marketplace in this manner!

Looks like I will be filing a bug report this afternoon...but I really don't expect much resolution.

Now, my moment of Gripe.  First they mess up search so sales in world plummet, and now they mess up the Marketplace so that marketplace sales can plummet...do they really just want us out of business??

No, it won't matter at all. The info they need is your web browser (I use Firefox). Since this is a bug relating to the MP website, I used the web browser info rather than all the copy/paste of my system and location in SL (if that's the section you are trying to fill in at the moment).

I would think that they could potentially fund the work on this newest change by keeping all of the product sale price (rather than the standard commission) if it wasn't for the fact that the whole system is so slow and so bogged down that MP sales are in decline.

The other day when this new change was being implemented, I saw someone post in the SL Commerce group, asking why everyone was so negative and assuming that a new feature rollout means problems.  I sure hope they're reading this and other threads.

And cause I’m on a roll with this post.... who builds a web page without the browser go back or cancel functionality???!!!

*shakes her little fist in the air once more, blows a stray bit of hair from her eyes, climbs down off of the podium and goes back to building and trying to correct a random rotation of 179.50 and make it the 180 degrees it should rightly be*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.