New Payment System Questions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

We want to update Merchants on the latest release. ...

A couple of comments on the above update and fix. For starters, today I see that two transactions from a prior date have been added to my Main SL Transaction History. Unfortunately they are not the ones that were missed but are instead purchases that were paid properly when first made. The two that were listed in the JIRA I filed have not been paid and were in fact for more money than the two you selected for payment. I am assuming that the customer (both items were the same customer) was double-billed today as a result of this oversight. I suspect you'll be hearing from him soon enough to protest being double-billed through no fault of his own.

Secondly, I can tell that you (CTL) are not a skilled programmer. I can tell this because you have obviously accepted the statement from your programmer that they have the problem partially fixed. Computer programming is not like woodworking where you can sand down one side while leaving the other side rough. With computer programming, when you fix THE issue, it is fixed for all cases. The fact that it seems to work for some purchases but not others is indicative of a bogus repair. What is claimed to have been accomplished is, most likely, nothing more than a fortuitous extra bug that periodically and accidentally sometimes unbreaks what the real bug breaks.

You need to speak with the programmer that applied this fix and have them back it out .. then send them back to the coding bench to work out a fix that resolves the REAL problem. It is just not conceivable nor logical that freebie purchases follow that much of a different path that their fix is a totally different place than the fix for non-freebie purchases. Good programming methods lead one to the belief that the fix for both freebie and non-freebie purchases is the same bug, located in the same code .. and can both be repaired by applying one single patch.

I do hope you'll be able to undo the accidental double transaction you erroneously credited to my account today, and at the same time credit me for the proper two transactions as listed in my JIRA as soon as possible. Thank you for your time and attention.

/DG/

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi..
even in my second account which had the distribution of all my products hasn't received around 3000L$ between the 26th of june and the 6 of July..
I've reported a file jira but nothing has happened..
I'm also italian so i have some problems to understand what i have to do..

From experience, I was not trusting that when CTL says all is fixed, that all is fixed. We have heard that too many times before when it was not true.

Yesterday I got three payments of the seven that I identified as missing; apparently they have stopped.

well, so i finally found out i was missing 3 paiements aswell... (still lucky all are small amount). 

i had one paid this morning. i still miss 2 of the tree.. Even if it was 1/10 of 1 L$ there is no way i gift this to LL after the mess they did on my account last week. They dont suffer a paypal transaction is disabled for 12 hours, not canceled, but just temporarely disabled for security, bec my paypal was hacked, and then take 5 long days after the fix to give me back my account, but they think its totally normal to hold paiements that are normally ought to merchants for weeks....

Rules have to go in both way. I would like to be able to block the MP commission to LL for the same ammount of time....  

im now checking really closely every transactions in my mp but i even dont trust the notification system... its possible we dont even hear from some transactions at all... My trust regarding the MP management is close to zero now. so you can imagine what is my trust about what CTL says when they say its fixed..... The experience about wrong pics displayed for more than one years in my mp store teached me that they are not deserving a lot of trust. And moreover... im seeing that they didnt got any lessons from this bug.. they are managing the current one about paiements, exactly the same..... Thats just pathetic.

well im more than horrified i am still totally furious....

the hacking on my paypal happened on saturday end of afternoon, since the phone service was closed at this time, i asked immediately for they restrict my paypal account till i can phone to them on the day after. They did, and ive phoned to them at the first minute the service was available. we fixed within only 10 minutes so 12 hours after all this begun..... 

In the meantime, my sl account had been put on hold. i ve bought 10 usd of l$ on friday and i guess the money was still travelling, so when they saw my paypal was restricted they blocked my account.. i understood this pretty good and after i fixed with paypal, i send them the ticket with files of evidence from paypal that it was now all fixed... i had one update saying they were escalating my ticket to some other person for investigation ... (investigation about what ? my sl account has never been compromised ! they wont be allowed to make investigation in my paypal account ... who do they think they are ?.) .. since then no more updates... no matter how much ticket updates ive sent for asking what about my business, what about all the ims i was loosing, what about my mp .... nothing.. Ive phoned 2 times..... 

in the meantime the 3 other orders i had in other webstores where already fixed since the same day i fixed with paypal.. for 1 of them 1 item had to travel till my house from another part of France... another one had to travel from Germany till my home in the south of France.. and guess what ? it was more quick for these 2 items (ordered the same day than the day my paypal has been hacked but earlier)  to travel till my house than for LL just give me back my account !!!! 

They put my account on hold for 5 days for only 10 poor usd ...... Im puzzled  !! what about my account history for the whole 4 years im in SL without NEVER a problem from me ? What reward for having been a good customer always respecting the rules ?

And you know the worst here ? i had NO updates for the whole 5 days ! after they said they will investigate, i send a lot of questions, i had no answer. i phoned 2 times to the french billing phone number... guess what ? not even sm1 who can say "hello" in french there ! i had to deal in english... not a lot a problem for talking.. but its seems its even too much difficult for them to talk slowly for i understand... and anyway.. i always had the same answer : " i had to wait for their email"... how much time ? they couldnt say ! What are this employees paid for ? im still asking to myself ....

So yes, they have a customer service that can't be called like this... its a total lame...  So im not surprised to see how we are also treaten was merchants....On top of being incompetent this behavior is also arrogant bec they think they can allow themselves to treat us like if we are nothing and we just have to accept this and shut up.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

We want to update Merchants on the latest release. ...

A couple of comments on the above update and fix. For starters, today I see that two transactions from a prior date have been added to my Main SL Transaction History. Unfortunately they are not the ones that were missed but are instead purchases that were paid properly when first made. The two that were listed in the JIRA I filed have not been paid and were in fact for more money than the two you selected for payment. I am assuming that the customer (both items were the same customer) was double-billed today as a result of this oversight. I suspect you'll be hearing from him soon enough to protest being double-billed through no fault of his own.

Secondly, I can tell that you (CTL) are not a skilled programmer. I can tell this because you have obviously accepted the statement from your programmer that they have the problem partially fixed. Computer programming is not like woodworking where you can sand down one side while leaving the other side rough. With computer programming, when you fix THE issue, it is fixed for all cases. The fact that it seems to work for some purchases but not others is indicative of a bogus repair. What is claimed to have been accomplished is, most likely, nothing more than a fortuitous extra bug that periodically and accidentally sometimes unbreaks what the real bug breaks.

well obviously, it looks like they are refunding manually....i suspect them to check every listing one by one and refund as soon they found a paiment fixing...

i totally agree with you Darrius, it doesnt look like a programmed fix.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

You need to speak with the programmer that applied this fix and have them back it out .. then send them back to the coding bench to work out a fix that resolves the REAL problem. It is just not conceivable nor logical that freebie purchases follow that much of a different path that their fix is a totally different place than the fix for non-freebie purchases. Good programming methods lead one to the belief that the fix for both freebie and non-freebie purchases is the same bug, located in the same code .. and can both be repaired by applying one single patch.

Well, i suspect them to treat now freebies differently and this without warning us, AFAK.

ive also noticed that any of my freebies sold are recorded in my transaction history.. but moreover... all my freebies now are sent at the end of my listing when i look at my MP by relevance.... So i suspect them to change the way it work for freebies but of course, why tell us ?

Unbelievable, what a disgrace, Trinity!  And obviously, we are all at risk of enduring this kind of abuse, this kind of risk to our businesses.  

I think this incident deserves its own thread. LL should be ashamed; at the very least they owe you an apology.

If I had a nickle for every time an employee/owner/manager of a company in my country bent over backwards to correct a mistake, misunderstanding, refund, generate some good will and trust or made sure a mistake never, ever happened again, I'd have more money in a day than LL earns in a year.

Most working employees have had multiple experiences in having to keep outstanding and ongoing customer relations.

LL just doesn't have enough incentive to provide what most of the workforce supplies their customers.

By the way LL, what are the odds that this issue will be completely resolved before the timer runs out on the transaction history? And how many people download their transaction histories? 10 percent?

So far it's looking like it's going to be just like your last financial "oops" with enhancements, it's ongoing and profitable.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Unbelievable, what a disgrace, Trinity!  And obviously, we are all at risk of enduring this kind of abuse, this kind of risk to our businesses.  

I think this incident deserves its own thread. LL should be ashamed; at the very least they owe you an apology.

well, i know, im just too much busy, since i had 5 days without being able to log with my main account, for starting a thread about that now...  Maybe later in the week.. I have a lot of of work to catch back. Even if i could work with my alt, i needed my main account inventory for a lot of things to do. When this happened, i was about to open a new art gallery... all has been delayed of course.

And about apologizes from a company who just seems to ignore they have customers (or users... for not saying contributors when its about content creators), i dont think they even know the word "apology"... I dont have time to be wasted with ppl who doesnt seem to have even any competence or skill except pissing customers off. They are lucky its not a french company... i would already have filled a complaint to the appropriated authority.

Edit : added clarification

The only time I ever download my transaction history is if I need to track down discrepancies like this.  I probably use my marketplace sales logs more often, though that's also mirrored in my email.  A bit useful if you need to verify a customer purchase or contact customers en-masse.

I am a new merchant. I was so excited to finally start to sell some more expensive items. But i jsu realized i havent actually been paid for them. Then i started to hear these rumors, and i checked my transaction history and realized i wasnt being paid at all!

SO, my Partner filed a ticked tfor me, and i took some screen shots of my inventory but he couldnt inbed them. I don't know what else to do.

I aqm hearing that we will be compensated. Now it seems poeple hae made the payments, but I havent received it at all. SO I am glad that my customers are getting the product, but these maintenence font seem to be helping much. Does anyone know what else we can do as merchants to get our Lindens?

I am jsut glad it doesnt seem to be affecting the delivery of our stuff to customers but where the heck is our llindens gone?

ok well thanks guys for putting this up here.

muwahh tikitai  of tikitai designsdesigns

Here we go again ...

Still no solution to have the problem of the division of profit ... it's been 15 days that started the problem and has no solution. Always close my ticket like everything's ok.
WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER
Even had a day that went part of my profits, but stopped and no more, and by my count, lacking L $ 20,839.

tikitai wrote:

I am jsut glad it doesnt seem to be affecting the delivery of our stuff to customers but where the heck is our llindens gone?

A: Where all L$ go when they don't go to users. Into acquiring new LL products like the recently acquired Desura.

Wait ... I meant in escrow pending refunds ... yes I'm sure I meant escrow.

SO I filed a jira, i sent in the screenshots of my transactioin history, and i got  "we will be processing payments over the next week". However, someone bought something yesterday, and i still didnt get paid. SO, now im jsut hoping they will pay the monies. but the idea of unlisting everything. hmm, i will consider that. also, i have heard poeple are encouraging poeple to go to their inworld store and purchase. well happily i have one!...jsut click on my profile, and the link is there. I dont have but a quarter of what i have in MP in my instore, but meh, at least i think i will get paid!. so in the meantime poeple keep buying stuff and i keep not geting paid!..so frustrating. I am jsut grateful to all ogf my customers for still purchasing  thank you all so much muwahh. I will waitr the week, and jsut cross fingers everything catches up.  any more advice on this would be very helpful. also, feel free to im me about what other merchannts are doing about this issue, so I can stay in the loop muwahh tikitai. also, LL was very nice and polite in ther answer to me, but guess what? they sent me to this thread!...lol. so..am jsut waiting, I got the status of "triaged". so I guess i did better then most.

All of my outstanding payments were credited to my account a few hours ago (night time for me, day time for LL).

I have been luckier than some, my outstanding money was a few thousand, not the tens of thousands that some Merchants are owed.  Since all of mine happened on the same day just over a week ago, it does appear as though LL is going through one day at a time so hopefully everyone else will see their Lindens added over the next few days.

Since some are still seeing missed payments, the "fix" clearly hasn't worked for everyone so hopefully that will be given attention asap.

From 13 July until today all my marketplace sales are not shown in my account transaction history.

I didn't make a loss because that were only my 0 L$ items the last 3 days (yes, I have choosed  'Include L$0 transactions'), but I'm wondering what will happen now, if someone buys my other, non-free items.

Well I was going to reply to my support ticket that my missing funds have been received, however, I noticed it's closed again, this time without an email notice, I'm not going to bother.  Closing support tickets before resolution is achieved is a very very bad support practice, LL, I hope you work on that in the future.  I was also going to post on my JIRA BUG-3143 ticket that the funds have been received, but since the ticket has been closed and later reopened by Whirly Fizzle with a message that it was accidentally closed, I cannot seem to post any further comments on it, so if anyone from LL is watching this thread you can finally close that one too as resolved.

i have received NO reimbursments, and this morning, another item was not paid through to me and i filed another JIRA!!!!!!!!!

i relaly would appreciate your looking at the detailed info i sent you and please reimiburse me thank you so very much

so please, you missed someone...ME!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.