New Payment System Questions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes i think my losses are still around $30,000 and growing, but i also got charged 17k for all my features yesterday, god this is killing me, i really  wish they would give us some more information as to when we can get our credits, and then we are going to have to spend hours on hours cross referencing to make sure we are paid the right amount.

But you would think that they would give us some grace on the feature payments until this is sorted out, this  is just devistating.

Please LL can you tell us when we can expect credits? do i go and cancel all my features? because if they come up for renewal again i wont be able to pay them if you dont pay me!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the procedure you've followed to date:

1. Release an update that causes intermittent failures with payment to the Merchant
  2. Document the failure after it has been reported by Support Ticket, JIRA and Forum Post
  3. Include incomplete and confusing information in the documentation for the failure
  4. Fail to specify an estimated time to completion or repair for the failure.

Here is the procedure you should have followed:

1. Test the update to ensure it did not cause "follow on" failures
  2. If the failure slipped past SQA then document the failure as soon as you were aware of it
  3. Include complete information in the documentation including a date of completion, the process that will be followed to refund Merchants, and information on what steps are being taken to prevent similar failures in the future.
  4. Burned all the midnight oil possible in order to hit the date specified in Step #3.
  5. Suspended Marketplace deductions for Enhancements until payments for purchases are fully restored.

I realize that being able to estimate a time to repair is not an easy process. But it's not supposed to be easy; it's supposed to be painful and expensive. That is how you learn not to make that same mistake again. However, because you are insulated from any pain or pressure, there is never any incentive to learn ... and that is why we keep seeing basic "rookie" mistakes being made.

There needs to be incentive applied to treat the Marketplace with a professional attitude and work ethic. That incentive can only come from above. That means the Team Leader and/or the Team Leader's boss. To my knowledge those people are Brooke and Rodvik respectively.

As we have seen in the past few weeks, there is more and more indication that Second Life is slowly leaking users and income. I submit that is because people have no faith in a platform that "feels" like some college student's after-hours hobby. People pay real money when they are confident their money is being well spent. But most won't even pay for their own kids' hobby, let alone pay for the hobby project of some kid they don't even know.

It's been said many times, in every way possible. But I'll say it again then I'll return once again to my bed ...

Linden Lab must begin to treat Second Life with respect and professionalism. Continuing to treat it as they have been treating it for the past few years will result in the exact same outcome we have seen for the past few years ... slow, steady decline.

Found another failed payment - again from a customer who bought 2 items. Both were delivered but I only received payment for only one.

Is this a pattern others are seeing?

I'm continuing to raise tickets for these - I haven't had an answer as to whether I need to do this in order to get paid.

For merchants with high sales volumes this must be a total nightmare!

Hi Emma, I mentioned in another thread on this topic that I'm seeing failures for all types of carts - mixed merchant items, multiple items, single items...payment comes through for one item in the cart and not another...payment for no items in the cart. It doesn't seem to matter what the configuration of the cart is - the failures are random and seem to have the potential to affect any type of MP purchase.

My issue has been "sales distribution failure", so I get the sales notification email, COMMISSION never fails to be taken, but what should be distributed from an alt MP account to my main account.. is 0L.  Obviously no "distribution received" email is received.

"To file a JIRA or to not file a JIRA.. that be the question..."

I understand that the fix to ensure this doesn't happen anymore does take some time. Afterall, you have to code it, test it...oh what am I talking about, there can't possibly be any testing going on.

Seriously though...while you are taking time to "fix" the code that is causing this issue...why not write a script that will take all of about 15 minutes to code, test and implement. Just in case guidance is needed.

1. Query all orders in the last hour

2. Query all payments to merchants in the last hour

3. Compare the two lists

4. If there is a discrepancy of succesful deliveries versus payments made, make a list.

5. Use that list to send failed payments to merchants

6. Set this up to run every hour automatically...payment problem bandaid'ed until you fix permanently.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

There needs to be incentive applied to treat the Marketplace with a professional attitude and work ethic. That incentive can only come from above. That means the Team Leader and/or the Team Leader's boss. To my knowledge those people are Brooke and Rodvik respectively.

I mentioned this issue to some friends last night, and they weren't concerned in the least, since they were still able to purchase things on their side without having any painful issues. Between this and the commissions that LL is still making on MP sales, I can't see why anyone at LL has any incentive to change their current approach. I'm wondering if a SOPA-blackout style protest where MP store owners put all their items in inactive status for a day or two isn't in order?

PLEASE FILE A JIRA????

It is not normal that I should verify the individual transfers and report them so they can then get a refund! it is not my responsible to correct the errors arising from your new system!

if every day I have not received the money by about 50% of purchases what should I do? report separately each transition not received? Are you kidding me?

is not eligible for a similar problem.

I am disappointed that it has not been yet solved the problem, and then persists.

Antimony Battery wrote:

"...I'm wondering if a SOPA-blackout style protest where MP store owners put all their items in inactive status for a day or two isn't in order?

I like ^this^ idea a lot! It would certainly put things in perspective in a quantifiable manner for LL.

I'm beginning to see some good sized merchants doing this and I have now unlisted all of my own items. It may cost me a few sales but since I'm not getting paid for the stuff that sells anyway I don't guess it matters and at least this way LL won't continue to screw me out of the money I should be getting. Additionally, I now refuse to BUY anything on marketplace. I'll go to the in world shops instead so I know the merchants are getting their money.

Herkimer Highmist wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

I mentioned this issue to some friends last night, and they weren't concerned in the least, since they were still able to purchase things on their side without having any painful issues. Between this and the commissions that LL is still making on MP sales, I can't see why
anyone
at LL has any incentive to change their current approach. I'm wondering if a SOPA-blackout style protest where MP store owners put all their items in inactive status for a day or two isn't in order?

I talked to someone the other day who recieved an item and was never charged. She was very concerned and wanted to send the merchant the money. So I think that people are simply not seeing said cash even leave there account sometimes. Let's be honest what's the nicentive for them to contact the seller to give them the cash. They just got something for nothing and most people in sl are only about that.

yes , in mine transactions ,it are the transactions where  the customers who bought more then 2 items who goes wrong, so not paid for third and fourth items .Maybe they didnt order at all .Must i send a ticket for all the non paid transactions, ?

Why cant they fix it themself as decent people.

And about this thing about opening a jira... What the [censured] is the idea to ask people to open a ticket if this is CLOSED saying that is a duplicate of something else???!!!!

This is not only annoying' but very unprofessional, as a ticket is supposed to remain open untill the problem is solved.

And as i put the unpaid transactions in a single ticket, definitely it cannot be a duplication of anything.

I really have to agree with this.  I'm dislike how LL closes cases and even support tickets before the problem listed therein is either resolved or declined.  I worked support for four years, and I was never allowed to close tickets until the problem was actually resolved.   This accomplishes several things -

1) Lets the user know that they have not been forgotten.

2) As long as it's open, lets the user know that your team is still working on it, but have not provided a solution.

3) Makes sure that you don't loose track of that user and the status of their issue.

4) Gives you a chance to make sure the user is satisfied with the solution when it is provided before closing the ticket.

• Resident

We have just released an update to the Marketplace to fix the bug with Merchant payments. Starting in the next couple of days, we will be processing the missed payments. We expect this process may take up to a week to complete, so we appreciate your patience.

Going forward, all payments should be made to Merchants and customers assigned distributions. If you see any orders processed after noon PT today (July 9, 2013) which failed to complete all payments, please file a JIRA.

We will update this thread once we are able to begin the payment process.

Glad to see i'm not the only one not getting paid..wich is sorta sad too...Why is it that when LL changes something it never works anymore? I've never had any problems with the MP till now..i filed a JIRA prolly did it wrong too cause i got no idea how to do those things thank goodness...Hope they'll fix it soon cause seeing the list growing the MP might not be such a good place to sell your stuff anymore if you dont get paid

My co creators are not getting their distributions. Since I have my share going to an alt account via distributions, we have not received any payment for sales since June30!! I filed a bug report and for some reason it's listed as resolved as of July 2. Despite my opening a new bug report and updating the status to show stopper. I'm not even sure I filed it correctly because nothing seems to be simple here. Frustrated doesn't begin to cover it when I see my sales increasing but my revenue slipping away into the LL abyss. I asked if I should change the distribution status on the items so I get paid directly and pay my co creator,( I'm worried making changes will confuse the issue ) just to stop the bleeding but NO answer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.