A recent order went through twice and I paid twice! Help, what can I do?

Fitch Woodrunner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This new payment system has a very exspensive glitch! I had a cart full of 10 items, I bought, it sent fine. But I have 2 of everything in the order, plus my order history says I ordered everything twice?! I checked the quauntity of each item, that's not the issue. What can I do? Please help!

Edit: I didn't realize this was "Ask Yahoo" and not an actual Marketplace support page. So I won't be using this site again.

3 answers to this question

well it happens sometimes

my first advice would be to never use the cart and buy every items separately.

if the items are copy and no trans, you can try to contact the sellers and tell them what happened.. most of them will have no problem to refund you.

but if the items are trans, they are less probabilities for they accept to do it and you may understand why, since trans items can be given to other ppl. Or you can ask to them if they can refund you if you send back the item to them.

you can also submit a ticket there : https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ but dont hope too much about it.

dont forget to copy and paste the records of your doble purchases from your transaction history and your market place transaction records too when you will contact every merchants.

• Like 1

Fitch,

Another thing you CAN do is contact the supplier.  I have clicked on duplicate items inworld and had this happen before.  I contact the seller/designer with a notecard asking for a duplicate sale credit.  On the notecard, I copy my transaction history, and send it to the person titled (YOUR NAME) credit request.  Also, in the IM, I let them know I am sending them a NC request, so that they know.

That might help.

:)

Hi

I know what you mean its happened many times to me. This new marketplace system is full of bugs. Plenty of times I buy and item and then it says the item cannot be bought at this time and I click it again only to find it in my cart twice.

I have noticed when you get to that new (stupid) payment page that you must check it there before you hit buy because that's where you will see duplicate items in your cart.

It's very inconvenient when you have a Marketplace issue and there is no one to talk to about it and yeah you get stuck in a forum or blog about it. Marketplace seem to think its always the sellers issues and send us all back to them to fix it when its not the sellers issue at all in this case.

Really where can you ask a question to someone moderatiing the Marketplace for errors? If it's there please point it out to me.

This issue just happened to me an hour ago and the seller was upset because yes they dont get their 'marketplace charge' back either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.