Materials Support and Tips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya, supernoob question im sure, sorry if its been asked before.. no cat claws please :P

Is there a way to automaticly set the specular and normal texture to use the same mapping as the diffuse textures? Strangely enough, i need to set the scale, repeat, rotation and offset values for 3 textures manually which is too time consuming. Would'nt it be more logical if the specular and normal textures used the same mapping as the diffuse map by default? Or am I missing a magic button somewhere?

Also, the horizontal and vertical offset info for the specular as well as the normal texture are Only being saved properly when the default Midday lightning (ctrl -shift – y) is enabled. When changing to any other (wind)light setting, the offset values change into something random for each prim so that they dont match up with the diffuse map any more which does'nt look right obviously. When trying to correct the offset values whilst Midday is not active, the offset values are not being saved; they pop back after closing the edit window.

Thanks!

Second Life 3.6.1 (278007) Jun 27 2013 12:41:07 (Second Life Release

sim10279.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.49.201:13019)CPU: Intel® Core i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz (2693.88 MHz)

Memory: 12236 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 680M/PCIe/SSE2

I wonder would it be very difficult to implement a tick box in the viewer edit panel, like:

"Synch Texture Repeats"

Tick ON:
... the effect being that in whatever map (Diffuse map, Normal map, Specular map) one would change the repeats, then the other maps would adjust their repeats accordingly.

Tick OFF:
... all maps repeats would be adjusted separately.

I have wondered many times why such a tick box have not been implemented. That would be very handy feature.

• Like 1

Gah that's such a shame, was hoping i was doing something wrong.. dont we practical always want the specular, normal and diffuse map to line up with eachother? And about the negative values reverting.. is that a known bug that is on a list to be fixed or is it just going to stay like that?

Anyways, i need to pause my materials wrestling until these issues has been solved, if ever. Thanks a lot for replying :) 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. A few months ago I decided to make myself content creator and I'm learning LSL and 3D Design.

But I would like to receive some recommendations regarding the recommended settings for my PC or laptop.

Which graphics card you recommend for a better experience on SecondLife?
My internet access is 4 MB.

Some Tips?

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.