Making multiple accounts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_account_policies

(it says 5 but my friend told me it's like 10 or something, I just want to know if I delete an alt when I'm at the limit that I can just make another one without going over the limit per household or will LL be like "nope, can't do that, once you go over that limit that's it"

SLtesterL2 wrote:

How many accounts are you allowed to make isn't it 5? If I go over this limit, can I just delete an alt to make another or will it not matter? Thank you
:)

Technically speaking:

Restrictions

Currently, you can create:

• Up to five accounts per household.
  • No more than two accounts in a single 24-hour period.

Alt accounts must adhere to all Second Life policies. For example, by agreeing to the Terms of Service (TOS) you agree to provide truthful and accurate information about yourself when you register for accounts; that includes not only your contact information and real name but also whether this is your first free basic account or a new alt (see TOS section 2.1). People who do not provide truthful information risk losing their accounts.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_Account_FAQ

In practice this does not seem to be heavily enforced.

LL also states they may charge for additional accounts but this also seems to be randomly applied.

SLtesterL2 wrote:

How many accounts are you allowed to make isn't it 5? If I go over this limit, can I just delete an alt to make another or will it not matter? Thank you

As far as I can tell, they track multiple accounts by E-mail address. For more SL accounts,try using a different E-mail.

I see, I didn't know you can have more than one account on a single email.com. Im just planning on making a new account later on my B-day so me and my avi share the same rez-day and b-day :) I was worried I won't be able to do so.

the limit posted may not be enforced but if it is, the people that have more alts than they can count arent using their real information for the accounts. those people are usly the ones that have trouble getting the age verifications or at least they did before they changed that process to require less info.

SLtesterL2 wrote:

With all the proxies out there, and MAC Spoofing avalable on the internet and illegal viewers there is no limit on the accounts you can create its a problem and I have asked LL many times in the past to please add protection for sim owners in Second Life from griefers removing the ID verification from age verify and adult sims ruined this.

1. Registration doesn't even require a valid email anything @sharklasers.com works so you can do aaaaaaa@sharklasers.com and you don't even have to verify the account just use a proxy.

I even had a griefer register an account under one of my emails before using an API when they were avalable with the attempt to try to get my main banned from SL because they knew my email address and it was never verified.

anything@anything.com pretty much works too.

GothGirl Demonia wrote:

SLtesterL2 wrote:

With all the proxies out there, and MAC Spoofing avalable on the internet and illegal viewers there is no limit on the accounts you can create its a problem and I have asked LL many times in the past to please add protection for sim owners in Second Life from griefers removing the ID verification from age verify and adult sims ruined this.

1. Registration doesn't even require a valid email anything @sharklasers.com works so you can do aaaaaaa@sharklasers.com and you don't even have to verify the account just use a proxy.

I even had a griefer register an account under one of my emails before using an API when they were avalable with the attempt to try to get my main banned from SL because they knew my email address and it was never verified.

anything@anything.com pretty much works too.

LL can't and isn't going to allow you to grief your visitors by banning them on sight simply because someone else logged in using the same ip address before.

There's simply no way for them to know which accounts are held by the same unique person, period.

The only way they could get to know that is if you needed to be physically present at LL offices in order to create accounts, which is of course entirely unfeasible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.