Doesn't anybody understand the difference between rent and sale

redxrob

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What if I tell you that there is no sold Land in SL at all? If you have land from an estate company, its rented from another resident. If you get your land directly from LL, you don't buy it...you rent it.

Thats why sale isn't as clearly defined for land as its for other items.

I am sorry to inform you.. You always pay a land use fee or tier paymen.... there is NO such thing as buying land and really owning it in second life...

you may have general owners rights or estate rights or even the EO but you never ever own it eveything on this grid belongs to linden labs so complaints about how land is listed ought to be directed to linden labs since it is their grid :)

Cella Core wrote:

I am sorry to inform you.. You always pay a land use fee or tier paymen.... there is NO such thing as buying land and really owning it in second life...

you may have general owners rights or estate rights or even the EO but you never ever own it eveything on this grid belongs to linden labs so complaints about how land is listed ought to be directed to linden labs since it is their grid
:)

Says one of the annoying offenders.

People go to the land for sale area to look for land where their will pay teir to LL directly, not to an estate agent at a profit.

The term 'sale' in regards to second life has a community meaning. I wish people like you would stop kicking that community meaning in the teeth. It makes it hard to actually 'buy' land when you waste 30 minutes clicking past such 'rental' ads.

I will tell you the difference between Rent and Sale as your too dum to work it out yes you still have to Pay LL but where not talking about that where talking about the difference between rent and sale if your an agent renting land then you should be posting in the rent part if your selling the sim with full rights/ownership then you post in the selling part what part of that don't you understand now I've told you noobs can you post in the right part it will make it easier for your self and for everyone else you will get more sales by doing that.

redxrob wrote:

I will tell you the difference between Rent and Sale as your too dum to work it out yes you still have to Pay LL but where not talking about that where talking about the difference between rent and sale if your an agent renting land then you should be posting in the rent part if your selling the sim with full rights/ownership then you post in the selling part what part of that don't you understand now I've told you noobs can you post in the right part it will make it easier for your self and for everyone else you will get more sales by doing that.

Where did you get this notion?  It doesn't say anything like that in anything official. 

You are the one too dumb to work it out or even spell correctly.  If selling only meant main land or full estate rights transfer, why on earth would they have a Parcels for Sale - Estate category?  Full sims are sold with all rights as an estate agent all the time without full estate transfer.  You can buy one and then turn around and sell it yourself when you don't want it anymore subject ot any covenant.  A rental you can't sell yourself.  You can only return it to the estate owner.  A very simple concept that a simple mind should be able to grasp.

BTW, most of the people you are calling noobs have been in SL a LOT longer than your 1 year and a month. 

payments to LL are like property taxes. Payments to a rental agent are like rent.

Of course a lot of people (especially younger ones) think that everything is free and anyone who wants money for services rendered is just greedy and making 100% profit, but that's simply not the case. Then again, a lot of those kids never had to pay a dime for anything in their life, everything being provided by that big magic thing called Daddy, Mommy, or the State and never wondering where the goodies all come from.

jwenting wrote:

payments to LL are like property taxes. Payments to a rental agent are like rent.

Of course a lot of people (especially younger ones) think that everything is free and anyone who wants money for services rendered is just greedy and making 100% profit, but that's simply not the case. Then again, a lot of those kids never had to pay a dime for anything in their life, everything being provided by that big magic thing called Daddy, Mommy, or the State and never wondering where the goodies all come from.

Your argument would have been much less condescending if you had stopped at Daddy and Mommy.. There are plenty of people that can't find work and have to live scrape by on the pittance the state gives out.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

jwenting wrote:

Your argument would have been much less condescending if you had stopped at Daddy and Mommy.. There are plenty of people that can't find work and have to
live
scrape by on the pittance the state gives out.

Yes and some of those people are disabled. But then again lets be fair there are a LOT of people who are taking advantage of the system. I can't tell you the number of people who have bought a sheet cake with food stamps. I mean...my parents had JOBS and couldn't afford that. I think a lot of those people are also drug dealers though and not the type playing SL. lolz

Also why is it especially the younger ones? I'm not on welfare I work two jobs every single day of the week and live on next to nothing. I can't afford to buy things in sl but I'm certianly don't feel entitled either. I'm only 25 by the way. let's not be agiest.

As soon as I see the listing for estates for full prim regions and for homestead regions I will definitely post my ads there until then try searching for the words "full transfer" that will cut your search time down rather quickly

have a great SL day!

redxrob wrote:

Doesn't anybody understand the difference between rent and sale on here Land for sale is for slling not renting and Lant for rent is for is for well land for rent what part of that don't you understand!

Whaaaa? Oh, I do yes. I had to read the post a few times before I tried to understand your point. Well, yes renting and selling is the same it's still renting a virtual space on a server from LL, no matter how you flip the words . BUT now if I OWNED one of those servers, I guess I would actually own the land... right? :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Yes and some of those people are disabled. But then again lets be fair there are a LOT of people who are taking advantage of the system. I can't tell you the number of people who have bought a sheet cake with food stamps.

Why is buying a sheet cake using food stamps wrong? Are disabled people and kids on food stamps not allowed to have a birthday cake?  Do you think someone should inspect the grocery carts of all those on food stamps and decide if they are getting above themselves by buying anything more than rice and beans?   Sounds like of a reverse Marie Antoinette "let them NOT eat cake or anything else that I think is too good for them". 

In today's economy there are people on food stamps now that would never have dreamed they would ever need them.  There are people that have become ill and can't work and have had their savings wiped out by medical bills that thought they had plenty of savings.  It could happen to you just as easily.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Yes and some of those people are disabled. But then again lets be fair there are a LOT of people who are taking advantage of the system. I can't tell you the number of people who have bought a sheet cake with food stamps.

Why is buying a sheet cake using food stamps wrong? Are disabled people and kids on food stamps not allowed to have a birthday cake?  Do you think someone should inspect the grocery carts of all those on food stamps and decide if they are getting above themselves by buying anything more than rice and beans?   Sounds like of a reverse Marie Antoinette "let them NOT eat cake or anything else that I think is too good for them". 

In today's economy there are people on food stamps now that would never have dreamed they would ever need them.  There are people that have become ill and can't work and have had their savings wiped out by medical bills that thought they had plenty of savings.  It could happen to you just as easily.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

jwenting wrote:

Your argument would have been much less condescending if you had stopped at Daddy and Mommy.. There are plenty of people that can't find work and have to
live
scrape by on the pittance the state gives out.

you clearly don't understand what I'm saying, which is that a lot of people EXPECT to get everything for free, even DEMAND it as "a right" to get everything for free.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

food stamps were intended to cover basic food stuffs, give people enough food that they don't end up starving.

They were never meant to provide for luxuries like birthday cakes, steak dinners, alcohol filled binges, etc. etc.

Nothing wrong with a kid having a birthday cake, but it should not be able tol buy those using the foodstamps that are supposed to cover the bread and vegetables for that child.

If a family gets to many foodstamps they can afford luxuries as well as basics on them, they get too many.

jwenting wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

food stamps were intended to cover basic food stuffs, give people enough food that they don't end up starving.

They were never meant to provide for luxuries like birthday cakes, steak dinners, alcohol filled binges, etc. etc.

Nothing wrong with a kid having a birthday cake, but it should not be able tol buy those using the foodstamps that are supposed to cover the bread and vegetables for that child.

If a family gets to many foodstamps they can afford luxuries as well as basics on them, they get too many.

Food stamps were also intended for American citizens, now we have immigrants that haven't worked a day in their lives mooching off the system. You want to fix things , kick them out. When i lost my job i had to sign up for assistance and EBT. I was the ONLY English speaker in the room, and the only one with out an iPhone. Makes me wonder what I am doing wrong.There were 4 year olds running around with their own phones..

What is the difference between buying a cake and buying the ingredients to make said cake? It would cost about the same. Flour, sugar, milk, eggs, baking soda/powder, never mind the flavoring. So, people on food stamps shouldn't buy things to make a cake or buy a cake, they should just stick a home made candle  on a hunk of broccoli? I really hope you never find yourself in a situation where you have to be on state assistance.

Also, you can't buy booze or smokes with food stamps. They haven't used paper stamps in decades, its all electronic now.

Too many food stamps?!? a family of four gets $400 a month .. 25 dollars a week per person.. can you feed yourself on that? Healthy foods? I don't think so. Get off your high horse and join the human race.

jwenting wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Obviously you and Madeline are very uninformed about food assistance.  Anyone on government food assistance can't buy alcohol among other things with them. If the government wishes to restrict the buying of any type of item, there are regulations about it and the EBT cards can not be used for them.

The food assistance given is provided as a supplement for the family's food budget.  It is not intended to cover everything.  Most families on food assistance actually work as you can't even have welfare or food assistance anymore if you are capable of working and use their pay or sweat equity to provide the balance.  If they don't work they get welfare only for a limited time to cover training and job hunting periods then it ceases unless the person is totally unable to work or it is adjusted way downward if the only job they can get pays below a certain amount.

Where I live people in need to plant vege gardens either individually if they have land space or as a community garden in places of mult family housing.  People are also allowed to keep four hens per household in the city to provide eggs.  There are organizations that donate the seeds and other supplies needed  or the people pool resources for them The families and individuals in need provide the labor by doing all the digging, planting, maintenance, harvesting and eventual canning as well as caring for the hens.

The local churches and other charities donate food to a food bank and people on food assistance can go there to receive canned vegetables, dry goods and such to assist them in providing nutritious food for their family.  The USDA has periodic events where they distribute excess farm products they purchase from farmers in price support programs that allow the farmer to stay in business and not go bankrupt over the cost of producing the food.

The result of all this is that you can not assume that if someone on food assistance buys a sheet cake or even a steak for a dinner to mark a special occasion that they are not providing their kids nutritious meals or they are not working and just getting handouts.  In a country as rich as the US providing a child a birthday cake or even allowing citizens that make up the working poor some dignity by making their own choices to occasionally splurge is only the right thing to do.  You are fortunate to not need the assistance apparently.  But if you ever find yourself in that position through no fault of your own, you will be glad of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.