You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Experienced with Photoshop

@Singles and Couples Shots 

@Groups 2-5

@Subjects responsible for poses, props, locations, and everything else save actual photo-taking and editing

@Interested?  Email me at cocoanovelist@yahoo.com to talk to me about pricing OR respond to this thread for more information.

Thank you!

RainbowChrysanthemum wrote:

@Subjects responsible for poses, props, locations, and everything else save actual photo-taking and editing

For 1,500 L and the subject has to do all that work? You might want to consider revising your prices until you supply more than just the camera for the customer :)

(this also needs to be moved to the inworld employment forum)

Tamara Artis wrote:

When you go to hair salon, do you bring your own shampoo. towell, scissors and everything else thats needed to get a decent haircut? Or you just want to relax and let the experts do their work? 

to be fair some hair salons charge extra for washing your hair.... and for apply mousse and that sort of thing...usually the cheaper salons do. But then again they compensate for this by being cheaper.

I think if your starting out you can get away with expecting people to have there own poses if you charge a cheaper rate. Like maybe 300L or something? I would still at least have slurls to nice locations or a plot of land to rez prims on that are white so you can 'shop them into locations at the very least though.

Yes they do, you get cheaper basic work and for anything extra you have to pay more. My point was that here, an average client is not supposed to bother with buying poses that they will use only for that shoot and then let them stay in inventories.  People want to teleport, sit on the pose stand and let photographers do their work. 

Marketplace is full of freebie and cheap poses, in-world tons of shops that sell poses offer free ones for their group members or subscribers. So if our OP can't bother to get some poses to start with, then its bad for their business. 

Also, if OP wants to get some clients it would be nice to show examples of the work they can expect;) 

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest getting at least a pose stand or two, and making a simple green or white screen (with bottom) if you want to add a background in post, and start out with the average price aka 500L for single photos and please have a portfolio (post the link here) for clients to see.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.