• Announcements

• Xiola Linden

The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dabici Straulino

Holodeck - multiscene rezzer - no modify items

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I while ago I saw on Marketplace a product (I do not remember the name) which was supposed to make possible the creation of holodeck or multi-scene rezzer that include no modify items. I search for it recently and could not find it.

For all items available for builders for the creation of holodecks or multi-scene rezzers, I could find, allowed only the use of COPy and MODIFY items. 

Does any one know how to include COPY but NO-MODIFY items?  May be some of you know about the products I saw a while ago? 

Thanks

The only reason of which I can think that an item going into a holodeck or multi-scene rezzer needs to be modifiable is that you have to be able to put a script in it, certainly to delete it when the scene changes, and probably to position it when it's rezzed, too.

But if you're making and selling a holodeck, I don't see why the items it contains would need to be modifiable by the end user.

You should be able to set the NEXT owner permissions on a modifiable to you item to NO mod.

Hello Innula,

Yes most multi-scene or holodeck building tools involve the inclusion of script in the content of the objects to be included, hence the need to be MODIFYABLE objects.

The product I had seen, a while ago, was indeed using another approach which was not involving the inclusion of a script and the only requirement was to have COPY permission.  This is this product that I would like to find again.  I searched for it quite intensively on Marketplace without success. 

I used scene, rezzer, holodeck, holoemitter, holo, rez-faux as key word but, still searching

I don't understand that, at all.   I understand how to rez things in the correct position without putting a script in them, but what's supposed to happen when you want to change the scene?   Do you simply delete the existing one manually?