Please HELP! I messed with PATHFINDING and now i can't move anywhere on my sim.

SusieMaeEinstein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I hope someone can help me right away.  I bought a VKC dog and they said I needed to make some objects Walkable.  Well, I made them ALL walkable and I have figured out how to remove some of it around trees so I can walk around, but now, I'm afraid I've changed something and the only place I can go on my sim is on the border. 

I am getting messages like these and I don't even know what they mean:

[11:06]  [2013/06/15 11:05]  MOVING Off Sim Shrimp Boat (cw): Unable to set prim position or scale: object contributes to the navmesh.
[11:06]  [2013/06/15 11:05]  Woodpecker: llSetLocalRot() does not work on objects that contribute to the navmesh. {RootName Common Kingfisher Deluxe v2.0h, RootPosition { 49.2295, 150.057, 22.7711 }}
[11:06]  [2013/06/15 11:05]  MOVING Off Sim Shrimp Boat (cw): Unable to set prim position or scale: object contributes to the navmesh.

What have I done, please, and how can I fix it?  :-(

P.S.  To make myself clearer, I am on a homestead sim with pathfinding enabled and have estate manager rights.  Thanks.

You've got two sets of land permissions. One is region, one is parcel. I suspect the parcel is owned by someone else and they've restricted access. Try reclaiming it.

Other than that, I can't guess. You could use SimConsole to disable pathfinding, but I'm pretty sure pathfinding isn't your problem here.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SimConsole

Try contacting support.

Yeah, this is a side-effect of some unfortunate Pathfinding settings.  It's what you get when scripts try to move objects that are set walkable (or "static obstacle", I think).

It all sounds extremely scary, but it just means that the sim isn't letting the script move the thing because its setting makes it part of the Pathfinding navmesh, and fussing about it.

To fine-tune the Pathfinding settings of objects you control in the sim, you may want to use the Pathfinding Linksets Floater.

There's also a sim console command that you can use to set everything to the default "movable obstacle"... that's a little extreme, though, so if you can get back to normalcy with the linksets floater, it might be most prudent. (Also, I'm inordinately lazy and at first cursory glance not finding where it's documented in the wiki. But it's in there somewhere, if it comes to that.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.