Viewer 3.5 Gripes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a certain place that I need to go to express extreme frustration with the lack of a feature in viewer 3.5 that was in other SL Official viewer releases that is really bugging me?

Issue = Why in the blue hell is there no more chat bar in this viewer? Did the developers just say hmmmm.... lets irk the living hell out of people and make it where this big a$$ chat box has to be on the scren constantly in order for conversations to be followed when in a crowded area???? Devs if you are monitoring this PLEASE for the love of God allow the use of the chatbar and local chat to be followed on screen like it was before without the need of having this communication box to be open in the next release of the Official viewer client!!!!!!!!!

DeeJay Sharktooth wrote:

Is there a certain place that I need to go to express extreme frustration with the lack of a feature in viewer 3.5 that was in other SL Official viewer releases that is really bugging me?

Issue = Why in the blue hell is there no more chat bar in this viewer? Did the developers just say hmmmm.... lets irk the living hell out of people and make it where this big a$$ chat box has to be on the scren constantly in order for conversations to be followed when in a crowded area???? Devs if you are monitoring this PLEASE for the love of God allow the use of the chatbar and local chat to be followed on screen like it was before without the need of having this communication box to be open in the next release of the Official viewer client!!!!!!!!!

I agree - that's a huge annoyance.

Ah, Torley's intro video to the "new and improved" CHUI. I watched it when it was released and learned that it was the most convoluted, messy way they could have created to deal with text chat. I went back and watched it again and I still don't see any way to have a single line text entry bar as the OP wants.

How this could be considered an "upgrade" is beyond me. Thankfully, I haven't used a Linden viewer in years and if they keep coming up with "features" like the CHUI I doubt I ever will again.

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

Ah, Torley's intro video to the "new and improved" CHUI.

I went back and watched it again and I still don't see any way to have a single line text entry bar as the OP wants.

Ok, I noticed that in the video Torley used an early version of the CHUI viewer.  It was not possible to have single chat line then. But due to many complaints about it, Linden Lab added single line functionality in later viewer release.

This is how things work in: Second Life 3.5.3 (276452)

CHUI_detached-window_2.jpg

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

DeeJay Sharktooth wrote:

And how exactly do you pull the chatbar from the console? I am not seeing how to do this....

Uninstall the whole mess and use Firestorm.

I agree!  I haven't used the official SL viewer since shortly after I began in 2007.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.