I make GREAT Avatar shapes how do I make them to sell?

WindSongs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It sounds like you already know how to create avatars, so I'm not sure why you are asking that part of the question.  Selling things is easy, though.  You have two choices: (1) sell in Marketplace or (2) open an in-world shop. To learn about setting up a store in Marketplace, start here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193 .  You'll find links to other helpful Knowledge Base articles on that web page.  To set up a shop in world, all you really need to do is find a place to rent and set out your things.  I suggest exploring for a while before you settle on a particular spot, and then paying rent by the month when you get a place that feels right. Some things to think about:

1.  Location is most important. You want a spot with good traffic, so you'll have customers.  Look for a place that is most likely to attract the particularcustomers you want.

2.  The rental rate is clearly important, because you'll want to have a place you can afford.  Cheap is not always best, though.  The rent for my first shop was really low, and it was on a beautiful sim, but it had almost no traffic.  I pay L$1950 a month now on a busy sim and easily make that back in sales.

3.  Size can be important, but the prim allowance is more important.  If you are selling from scripted vendors, you can squeeze a lot of items into a shop with a 50 prim allowance, so don't just look for a big place.

4.  Read the rental agreement carefully to see what's allowed and what isn't.  What sort of signs are allowed?  Will customers be able to rez stuff there?  Can you modify the building?  Can you hold events there?  Can you set a direct TP landing spot?  Will your partner be able to rez things?

For some good suggestions about how to market your products,  start here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-market-your-products/ta-p/700181 . Many of the suggestions are meant particularly for Marketplace, but you can learn a lot about strategies that will help you present items in an in-world store as well.

• Like 3

The easiest would be to open a store at the Marketplace and sell your shapes their. You could also do a bit advertising inworld to promote your store and settle to an inworld store as soon as your business starts to run.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.